• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using "Favorites"

New Here ,
May 08, 2008 May 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to start including the Favorites tool in our help file as I think both our own staff as well as our customers would appreciate it.

However, I'm wondering how Favorites is affected when we update and send out new help files. If they replace an existing .chm with a new one, are their existing Favorites blown away or will they still work?

Help is not, well, helpful, but I assume that a user's favorites settings are stored in a separate file. Would this file be compatible with a new version of the same .chm (assuming the .chm and the bookmarked topics retain the same names)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 08, 2008 May 08, 2008
Hi KC,

HTML Help favorites are stored in the Windows user's Application Data folder. In file called HH.dat to be more precise. And yes, assuming the .chm and the bookmarked topics retain the same names the favorites should persist throughout new versions of your Help. That's been my experience anyway.

For Windows XP machines you can find hh.dat in 'C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\HTML Help'

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
May 08, 2008 May 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KC,

HTML Help favorites are stored in the Windows user's Application Data folder. In file called HH.dat to be more precise. And yes, assuming the .chm and the bookmarked topics retain the same names the favorites should persist throughout new versions of your Help. That's been my experience anyway.

For Windows XP machines you can find hh.dat in 'C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\HTML Help'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2008 May 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the confirmation!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp