• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player reports that my version is out of date, but I have installed the latest version available for linux 64-bit.

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, your computer does not have the latest Flash Player installed.

Please go to step 2. ( Your version11.2.202.577 Latest Version21.0.0.182 )

Then, after following instructions for step 2:

NOTE: Adobe Flash Player 11.2 will be the last version to target Linux as a supported platform. Adobe will continue to provide security backports to Flash Player 11.2 for Linux.

Version 11.2.202.577

In my opinion, Flash Player should not report that my version is out of date when I have the latest one available for my platform.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Hi,

I doubt web sites are using the 'Check Now' widget to check for the latest version of Flash Player.  Most content providers set their content to use a specific version of Flash, especially if that version contains some features they use in their game/application, not necessarily the latest version.  One option is to use Google Chrome which embeds Flash Player and uses the latest major release version (21).  PPAPI plugin is also supported on Ubuntu for Chromium-based browsers (e.g. Opera).  If

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

11.2.202.577 is the latest Flash Player NPAPI version for Linux.  There is a bug in the Check Now widget that isn't reporting the correct NPAPI version for Linux.  I'm not sure when it is going to be fixed.  The 'about Flash Player' page, https://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about, lists the most current version of Flash Player for all supported platforms.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Knowing that I have the correct version doesn't help. Some websites (like Pogo) don't allow me to continue without the latest version. I expect that they are using the same reporting mechanism (Check Now widget) used by this website. I agree that this is a bug that should be fixed.

Does anybody know when this will be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I doubt web sites are using the 'Check Now' widget to check for the latest version of Flash Player.  Most content providers set their content to use a specific version of Flash, especially if that version contains some features they use in their game/application, not necessarily the latest version.  One option is to use Google Chrome which embeds Flash Player and uses the latest major release version (21).  PPAPI plugin is also supported on Ubuntu for Chromium-based browsers (e.g. Opera).  If you're using Ubuntu, and aren't opposed to Opera, that is another option.

--

Maria

<edited for clarity>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines