Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printed documentation

New Here ,
May 09, 2008 May 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,
I want to take a print out of my project . But the sad part is i have images embedded in popups/hyperlinks . Is there any way i could c the images in my printed documentation .
Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
One way of dealing with this is copy each graphic that's in a popup into the text of the document then apply a condition to it, for example "printed only". That way you only show them when printing.

Another way is to convert all such links to DHTML drop downs or expanding text. These will show when printing anyway.

Hope that's some help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What tyoe of popups are you referring to? Is it you have images in separate topics to which you link to via a popup hyperlink? If so, they will only be included in the printed document if you specify them in the TOC step of the SSL wizzard. Even then, they won't appear at the point of the hyperlink. What you could do is create a book at the bottom of your TOC called "Popups", add all your popup topics to it and then generate the word doc. If you wanted, you could manually move the relevant popup to the required point in the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2008 May 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have more that 500 links which i have set up as pop up hyperlinks refering to another image in project manager. Manually shifting them doesn't sound as an easy task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2008 May 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am afraid that the options stated here are the only way to go. Printed documentation does not work well with popup and why should it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp