• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Self registration vs. CSV Updates

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been able to upload a list of users with a CSV file.

I'd also like to create a self-registration link to add other employees.

What happens in the future when I want to upload another CSV file?

Should that new CSV file include anyone who self-registered? Or will those who self-registered be treated differently?

I was thinking that a new CSV upload, since this can be done automatically, would define the current list of learners in my organization (including removing inactive employees by excluding them from the CSV).

Anyone know how this would work?

- Pete

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've learned from my Adobe account manager that users who self-register are treated separately from those added via a CSV file. So if 5 people self-register and those names are NOT in my CSV file, the system will ignore them when the CSV is updated. However, if I were to add them to my CSV file later, any changes reflected in the CSV file (changed job title or different supervisor) would be applied to those people who originally self-registered and they would now be treated as if they were originally added with a CSV. This same logic also applies to users I've added manually through the Prime interface.

So in order to manage my user base with a CSV file, I'll need to add any that self-register or any that I happen to add manually.

I believe this is correct. If not, I hope someone will help correct this understanding so I don't mislead any other reader.

- Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources