• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can no longer open library books on my kobo due to adobe id error - can you help please?

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been downloading library books from overdrive and using digital editions to transfer them to my Kobo glo with no problems at all until now - I now get the following error:

"Oops! This document couldn't be opened.

This document is protected by Adobe Digital

Rights Management (DRM) and is not

currently authorized for us with your adobe

ID. Please sign-in with the authorized Adobe

ID and try again."

I have tried everything that I've seen on these forums and other website including - returning the book and trying another, erasing authorisation and resetting, restoring my kobo to factory settings and starting again and I'm still getting the same message.  Any other suggestions on what to do please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nanaky - going back to the older version of ADE seems to have solved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2016 Mar 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did not need to revert to an older version.  The following worked fine with ADE 4.5. Here is what I did....

If you’re having trouble getting library books on a kobo (quite probably a new one because changing things typically causes problems), try deleting all authorizations - (on your computer and on your ereader, but keep the ereader connected.)  Then go to your public library website and get a NEW book - (something about trying to open a book that you already took out somewhere, causes a glitch - for example if you previously opened a book on a tablet or phone, then that’s it - there will very very likely be NO OPENING it elsewhere, so make sure it is a newly borrowed one. If you are out of new borrows, you will have to use adobe digital editions to RETURN one your digital library books.  CLOSE and reopen ADE so that the return definitely happens).  After deleting all, authorizations (check in all locations to make sure it shows no authorizations), download the new book to your saving spot,  then click it to make it open in adobe digital editions:  Adobe will then PROMPT YOU for the authorization. Use the drag down menu to find your library’s license type, for me it is Overdrive. Then enter your (Overdrive) email address and password. This should cause the book to open AND it also should cause your connected ereader to become authorized at the same time.  Click the back button at the top and then click your ereader, and then it’s gear sign to look to see if the ereader is also authorized. Even if it is not authorized, try dragging the new book onto it.  This should work immediately (as it did for me), or it should ask for an authorization.  You can then click on the ereader (not on all items) and see if you can open the book as it sits in the ereader area.  If it opens there, you should be good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines