• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get RH to convert tables to dynamic widths from FM standard widths?

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH10 importing books from FM11.  In FM, there are 5 standard tables with varying column widths totaling to the width of the page. The FM table definitions are in inches.  In RH, I mapped the standard tables and on the Master Page have identified the 5 standard tables but set the columns to be percentages. Based on what I had read, I understood that the 2 columns in FM that were 1.5 and 4.75 inches would become 24% and 76% of the table that is set to 95%.  When I look at the HTML code generated, the table width is 600 and the columns are 168 and 432.  How do I get RH to use the dynamic mapping from the master page when it imports the FM documents?  I have downloaded the 2015 version and tried it but I'm getting the same results.  All ideas will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the real answer to this one but I do know of a bug when generating a Word document from RoboHelp. I know you are importing and from Fm but there could be a link. I have posted the bug below on Adobe's bug base and maybe it will give you a clue as to what to try.

Problem Description: If a table and the columns are measured in percentages, on generating printed documentation the column widths remain as a percentage but the table width gets converted to inches and not the same width that 100% would be. This results in table not fitting into page width. Measurements should be as defined in Rh.

Steps to Reproduce: Create a table with measurements set to percentages. Generate a printed document.

Actual Result: Table does not fit page width.

Expected Result: Table fits page width.

Any Workarounds: Manually fix in Word.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Peter.  I was really hoping it was not a bug, but it makes the most sense unless there is another hidden piece of the puzzle. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FrameMaker 2017 build 2and RoboHelp 2017 build 2 - still a problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp