• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open a psd in Experience design

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok first  Adobe Experience Design looks pretty darn amazing. That said, the first thing I wanted to do was take my latest project from Photoshop with an app entirely laid out with artboards. And I had to drag every layer over groups at a time. Would have been really nice to just open a PSD directly into Experience Design. At least that's the most logical thing I could think of.

Hopefully that's a very soon to be reality.

Sc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Hi everyone,

We've started a research on improving the interoperability between XD and Photoshop.

In the meantime, please add your workflow suggestions and upvote the feature here: Import Photoshop / PSD ā€“ Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Thanks a lot sharing your feedback!

Regards,

Dan Tuhoarca

Product Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now you should be able to select all your elements in your PSD comp and copy and paste them over at once?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I get it and understand that. BUT, I have already gone through the visual design phase. I have 30 artboards already laid out and pixel perfect, layers well organized and using smart objects as well. So now I have to break that all down? This is supposed to be a prototype not an app. I should be spending as little time as possible to create a prototype for testing.

It would make more sense to allow Experience Designer to open a PSD. Every other adobe web product open PSDs and go right into a workflow. Dreamweaver, Edge, Brackets and so on. So why wasn't this a no-brainer? Rebuilding 30, 50, 100 mobile app pages and variations is a big deal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for more details!

Please vote for idea or add your suggestions here: Import Photoshop / PSD ā€“ Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott,

We haven't done a PSD import because there is a lot represented in PSD that XD doesn't support and I don't think fidelity would be what people want. We have thought of a solution of bringing in flat bitmaps of each artboard that you could then add interactions to with XD's prototyping tools, but, we weren't sure this solution was ideal. Do you have any thoughts on this approach?

We are also exploring options from Photoshop to export to an XD file.

Thanks,

Joan Lafferty

Product Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply and the insight.

I'm not sure a flattening of an artboard would win you many fans. But with a pretty extensive background in production as well as art direction I know one thing you could do that would really help in other ways. Let smart objects that aren't in a folder import as a single element and things grouped in a first level folder flatten and import as elements. And all other visible layers could be merged and imported as a flat element on a bottom layer. It would be similar to how you can add a .jpg or .png to a layer or folder for extraction from a PSD. That would significantly reduce the craziness that designers can produce. I have had designers pass off a 500 layered psd before. This would force them to start organizing and labeling. I would buy you a beer if you could make that happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott,

Thank you for the ideas and feedback. I think that is a great idea and am open to see what other users think of that approach. Hopefully, others looking for PSD import will comment on whether a flattened (or semi-flattened approach, as you mentioned) would be alright.

Joan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the latest on this functionality? Would be great to add my designs that are in PSD format to XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Adobe XD!

This feature request is still under review. You can vote, share your ideas and check its status here:

Import Photoshop / PSD ā€“ Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Lavinia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is in XD when is it going to be done or are we moving to a different company that actually listens to its customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel jus the same. Adobe XD seems very raw, and there are TONS of thing we wish we could do. The thing that astonishes me the most, is that it's easier to import Sketch layouts to XD than photoshop ones. In sketch, you just need to make everything SVG with a click of a button, and than drang and drop the layers.

If it's not possible to create a XD import PSD system, there should a PSD export to XD system at least. Maybe something similar to the proto.io plugin for photoshop, that interprets the artboard, the groups and layers ( there are codes you can put in the group name like "@" at the beggining of a group name to flatten that group) and creates a proto.io ready file with that page, organized with flattened and unflatened grouped  bitmap layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

We've started a research on improving the interoperability between XD and Photoshop.

In the meantime, please add your workflow suggestions and upvote the feature here: Import Photoshop / PSD ā€“ Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Thanks a lot sharing your feedback!

Regards,

Dan Tuhoarca

Product Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree to this. Since it is the same Adobe products, I was hoping the two could work like PS and AI does, or PS and ID. I understand that this is a new app but I am looking forward to crossing both media to have a very good presentation on my designs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be happy just to be able to import/drag my .png screens and be able to create specific spots to link between them - just like all the other prototype tools..

Can't be that hard to do this!?

It would add so much value to XD, cause being able to just prototype with assets created inside it is so limited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would make a very attractive feature for me and help my workflow tremendously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since it is an adobe product i expect adobe products to work seemly with each other, it will be a great addition in having this option and importing and using your PSDs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Adobe XD 6.0 can now open PSD files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Note that the update hadn't shown up for me, I manually selected Check for App Updates in the CC menu, then several app updates showed up. I didn't have to log out and in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines