• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I migrated my project to Robohelp 2015 from version 9, In PDF generated files Images are truncating , Please help ?

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I migrated my project to Robohelp 2015 from version 9, In PDF generated files Images are truncating , Please help ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure but first does this also occur if you only generate to Word and do not create a PDF as well?

If that is OK, then try generating the PDF from the Word document. OK then?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

This problem coming in Word too, I recently migrated to latest Robo help version and since then I am blocked, can not do anything furthur

Thanks

Deep S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please recreate the problem in a one or two topic demo project. See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

Sorry for this trivial question, Where do I find the demo project, I am new to this world so not really aware of

Thanks in Advance

Deep S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to File / Open and see Samples on the left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

See if the link below helps you sort it.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

This problem coming in Word too, I recently migrated to latest Robo help version and since then I am blocked, can not do anything furthur

Thanks

Deep S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it possible for you to provide files so that we can try replicating the issue at our end?

~Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI All

Thanks for your input, I have created a demo project but still struggling to send , I am posting the images , Please see, If that helps in understanding the question

Below is the Sample Project, I have created in Robo Help 2015

Sample Topic.png

From above Project, when I generated PDF File, Image and text is Truncating as seen in below images, Same is happening in Word File

Output in PDF.png

deepsat wrote:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason is quite simple and I'm sorry I didn't pick up on it sooner.

For printed documents (Word or PDF) you must limit your image size to the width of a piece of paper as the image will not be scaled down. Scalle them to about 7.5 inches to allow for margins and try again.

There are two ways in RoboHelp.

1. Double click the image and click Size. That may work OK for tweaking but for this degree of scaling, Option 2 is better.
  2. Click Pods > Tool Box and look for the resizing tool. That gives much better results.

SnagIt is a third party tool and considered the best by many. That enables you scale and also remove blank space from an image both vertically and horizontally. That way you avoid resizing text and other parts of an image, you just lose the blank space.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has my reply above resolved the matter for you?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

Thanks for the reply, I got the partial resolution of the problem, I have 500 + pages and more then 1000 images which used to work correctly on Robo Help 9

Resizing the image on 500 + pages is going to be a big task

Could there be any other way around where I do not need to resize the images after migration to Robo Help 2015

Thanks

Deep S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2016 Apr 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No answer that I am aware of without hacking around. You are saying that these wide images printed OK in Word before RoboHelp 2015, correct? I'm surprised as it's a problem I have experienced with all versions.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp