• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't flash player work and is installed in system preferences instead of apps?

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the latest version of flash player and tried to watch a movie..Keep getting a notification that I need the latest version of flash player and it is installed in system preferences.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Flash Player is a plugin, not an application, therefore, it doesn't install to the /Appliations directory, but rather /Library/Internet Plug-ins.  The item in the System Preferences is the Settings Manager.

If Flash Player is installed properly, but not being detected, it's possible the plug-in is disabled in the browser.  Please refer to the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac tech note for links on how to enabled Flash Player in the various supported browsers.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evertything is all there and working according to the help pages..I'm going to get another version of the movie and delete the copy I have.I've deleted everything and reinstalled and still get the same notification.Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you trying to watch a movie that's saved locally on your system or via a web browser?  Flash Player plugin only in the browser.  If you have a .swf file you'll need the Flash Player projector to view it.  Flash Player projector is posted at Adobe Flash Player - Debug Downloads.

--
Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines