Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac Installer Not Working (still)

Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a long thread and a lot of discussion about this once before- the web-based installer is STILL not working for Flash player, and I see the distribution page is soon to go the way of the dodo, requiring a distribution license to download that installer from that page.
This has become a problem, b/c I am STILL getting errors about outdated flash player and it being rendered inoperable and blocked, DESPITE that my about:plugins info and the flash test page give the same current version - trying to download the web installer is pointless as it never runs… it just hangs, like it was doing probably 10 months or so ago that I was on these forums trying to get it working.

I can't, for the life of me, figure out why you'd remove access to the only working installer some of us have when you KNOW that the problem has been ongoing for some time and has never been resolved.

Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 4.17.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 4.28.06 PM.png

Any ideas how to get flash to actually WORK again!? It's got the current version but apparently that is already flagged out of date and the web installer won't work. 😠

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread moved here from the Adobe RoboHelp FlashHelp forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for moving it. When I made the post, it asked for a forum and wouldn't find Flash Mac, Flash Help… So I chose the best option the very limited list gave me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm sorry you continue to have problems with this.

Based on the screenshot, that appears to be Firefox browser. Is this correct?  If so, what version is it?  If not, what browser is this, including version?  Also, what version of OS X is this on?

According to the plug-ins screenshot, you do have the latest version installed, so I'm not sure why the browser is blocking it.  I'll investigate further after receiving the requested information from you.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 19, 2016 Mar 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox 45

OS X 10.11.3

I've also tried using Chrome…

Screen Shot 2016-03-19 at 7.11.20 AM.png

From Chrome's plugin page:

Screen Shot 2016-03-19 at 7.11.37 AM.png

And the Flash test page in Chrome:

Screen Shot 2016-03-19 at 7.12.10 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 19, 2016 Mar 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And Safari (just to be thorough)

Screen Shot 2016-03-19 at 7.15.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-19 at 7.16.53 AM.png

So let's see… three browsers, all saying they have the current flash- same problem as before… and yet it doesn't work regardless… I don't think it's Firefox, or Chrome, or Safari specifically. I've upgraded the OS since the last time when I gave up on the former version of the player… I am about to just uninstall it entirely, particularly reading that the distribution download page is about to be taken away and that's been the ONLY working installer on the site for a long time… This is beyond frustrating… I think perhaps the folks are WIRED were right…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines