• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Title Tool not updating / saving when making revisions

Explorer ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made a few Title's in Premiere Pro and saved them as templates to use through out my production. With CS6 I'm having some issues with it. I'll create a new Title file from a template and make the chages. Everything works fine for a while, but then the changes I make within the title tool do not save after exiting the title tool. The text just reverts back to the point were it stopped working. If I restart Premiere it works again, but only for a while. I think this is a bug, but if anybody has a solution please let me know. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Just an update on my end. Since updates have come out for Premiere Pro CS6, I no longer have the issue. Currently I'm using PP 6.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the "New Title Based on Current Title" button in the upper left corner of the interface?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am. This is a process I've been doing since CS4, but only now with CS6 am I having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, I did work on a project using Titles all day yesterday and didn't have the problem. Maybe something corky was happening those few days. I'll keep an eye out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same is happening with me.  I also tried making a new title but when I try that the only thing I can do is add new text, but I can't change the font, alignment, nor anything else.  It won't even save the new title into my bin.

Mac Pro 1,1, Lion 10.7.4, CS6, ATI 5770  Premiere Pro 6.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a semi-related problem. I am using the text tool, and when I move text, after exit, it also reverts back to the place where it was before I moved it. Any ideas? (Sorry I'm a year late - don't know if anybody will see this... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, with so many reporting similar, there must be something to it, but I have just never encountered it, and I do tons of Titles. The changes always update instantly for me.

Maybe state the Sequence Settings, where this is happening, and where your Title appears (Video Track), relative to other Clips?

I cannot help but think that this is Sequence, or Project specific, and that is why many others have never encountered it.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, not able to update the title. I am using the latest version- CC 13.1.4.

I have tried version updating. rebooting but nothing is changing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adjust the workspace by dragging any edge in the program monitor so the size changes and see if you suddenly see the handles.  The problem has to do with varying resolutions, Adobe's UI scaling and Windows scaling.   Adobe can't quite get a handle on it...pun intended=) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem.  I duplicated a title in the Project window, and I can add text but not edit the previous text.  And once I edit a title, adding text, I can't edit the original text.   This has to be a bug.  I can't imagine why text would be rendered uneditable.

Scott See

www.hammock.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You guys aren't leaving the CTI parked on the original title in the sequence are you?  That will cause it to show through when creating the new title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote:

You guys aren't leaving the CTI parked on the original title in the sequence are you?  That will cause it to show through when creating the new title.

No..., but I can't speak for everyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dragged the CTI way off to the side and tried duplicating a Title again.  No problem this time. 

Thanks!

Scott See

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed what I think is a similar problem, but it's intermittent.  I tried to change the font size of a title, and it kept reverting to the original 100%.  The 3rd time it took, but it was annoying. The time it worked I didn't close the titler window immediately, perhaps giving it the extra time makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any solution to this?  I am encountering the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 09, 2012 Nov 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reboot premiere. Works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to save and reopen as well. I guess it goes without saying, this is a bug that should be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see this behavior myself.  Hard to say if it's a bug or something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks man!   After creating the same title a 3rd time I was going nuts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update on my end. Since updates have come out for Premiere Pro CS6, I no longer have the issue. Currently I'm using PP 6.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is good news, and thank you for that update (no pun intended).

Appreciated,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2013 Jul 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem, and I followed CLCTV's guidance to do the update to 6.0.2 and now my titles are working just fine, THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still encountering this problem in Premier Pro 6.0.5 – My titles will not save or update, including when using the "New Title Based On Current Title" button, and even brand new titles (they are all blank).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the PP 6.0.5 and I also still have this issue.

Actually, I do not remember having it some months ago. I noticed only in the last project I have been working on and spent hours searching to understand whether I was doing something wrong or the software has something wrong. This is the closest discussion I found on the topic.

I can create titles but then I cannot change them. I am forced to duplicate them then make changes on the duplicate one to replace the original.

Any other known solutions to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines