• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I stretch out video on timeline?

Engaged ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I make the video cpvc(captivate 8) go longer on the timeline or is that impossible?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Yes, insert cpvc-slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? You don't want 'slow motion'? Explain why you want this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize my question does not make much sense. It's a video so it's not like I can remake the wheel. The timing is what is. I wanted to make more time to put graphics on top. However, the video is what it is. The question made no sense, unless, of course, I wanted to do it in slow motion like you said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can split a cpvc video in multiple clips with its editor. You can insert time in between the clips, and cover that time with static objects like images, shapes, text...I used that approach in this old video which I created out of a cpvc-project:

Simple versus Standard Advanced Action in Adobe Captivate - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Can I ask you another question about the video?

I did a version 2 of the same video and added a few more graphics on top. I published it (believing I published exactly the same as I did before) only to find that now the new video has an embedded playback bar in it. I discovered this after I imported it into captivate 8. So the old one does not have the playback bar and the new one does. Also, the new timeline video has a Flash Video Object and the original (which is what I want), is a Slide Video. How should I resolve this? I clearly did something wrong in the publishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you import a published cpvc instead of insertng the cpvc-slide itself?

If you import video (which I don't recommend in this case) you have the choice between event video (has its own playbar) and multi-slide video, which is conrolled by Captivate itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I first publish the video then import the Mp4. I should do otherwise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, insert cpvc-slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's awesome! Thank you!

By inserting the cpvc-slide I can stretch out the video and see where it begins and ends by the red line that goes through the timeline section... is this correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, but I recommend this work flow because you can have access to the editor all the time, because you inserted the raw, uncompressed file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources