• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 11 Fresh Install Administrator Login Not Working

New Here ,
May 21, 2014 May 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am shifting from a machine that had CF9 on it, then the Splendor Beta, now with CF11 and though I've re-installed CF11 multiple times and have tried various methods I've seen in other threads (including the passwordreset.bat and using localhost) no matter what when I go to the Configuration and Settings Migration Wizard after install to get things going I get "Invalid Password. Please try again." Very aggravating as I'm eager to get rolling with CF11 fully and this is such a goofy roadblock.

TOPICS
Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We apologize for inconvenience. Why are you still trying Splendor Beta? The full version is available at https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=coldfusion Can you try that?

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this is a problem I'm having with CF11 proper, didn't have any such problems with the Splendor Beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are possible workarounds, you may try:-

Note:- Enabling internal/built port would require a ColdFusion Application Server restart.

The possible reason of this behavior is the CFID and CFTOKEN getting changed from the request start to request end. To find the cause, you can try running Charles Tool and follow the below steps:-

1. First of all stop all http request.
  2. Close all browsers.
  3. Install Charles proxy.
  4. Start Charles proxy.
  5. Requests few times for http request (The CF Admin URL) to record its in-depth in Charles session/file.
  6. Then save those Charles session/file and review them for error/mistake in component and interface.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with chrome from remote computer using the built in server on port and didn't work. I changed the port number and didn't work. CFID CFTOKEN behavior is normal, so that can't be it. I uninstalled and reinstalled and that didn't work either.

So as of right now, I can't setup my server. I'm going to try to reinstall using the default admin username and some easy password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send an email to cfinstal@adobe.com?

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The issue is happening because of mime type (.air) entry specified in the web.config of the webroot. Can you try the following steps:-

1. Navigate to the webroot of your site.
  2. Take a backup of web.config and open it with text editor (notepad etc)
  3. Comment the entry for mimeType extension of ".air" like <!--<mimeMap fileExtension=".air" mimeType="application/vnd.adobe.air-application-installer-package+zip" />-->
  4. Save the file and restart IIS.
  5. Launch CF Admin and try to login.

Commenting out the .air type in site specific web.config file has resolved the issue.

Note:- This would work fine in all the browsers except Internet Explorer. This is because of the Internet Explorer's enhanced security mode. JavaScript gets executed only when the website is listed in trusted sites. Adding the ColdFusion website to the trusted sites list would let you login succesfully.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a stop-gap, we were able to get in using the following method:

1. Go to ColdFusion11\cfusio\lib\neo-security.xml and set the admin.security.enabled variable to false

2. Restart the CF Service

3. Go back to CF Admin

Hope that helps.

Neal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seemed to have resolve the issue in Windows 8.1:

1. Installed the platform installer for IIS

2. Installed the IIS static content component

Neal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was driving me crazy.  Installing IIS static content fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks nealb‌ - installing IIS Static Content worked for me too.  I should have realized when there were assets (images/css) missing from the CF login page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please go to cfusion >> lib folder and open the adminconfig.xml and change the value of <runsetupwizard> to false. Save the file and try login in the admin page again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation