• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Macbook Pro OS X 10.11.3; can't update Flash Player

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have never had issues updating Flash Player.  Tried to update yesterday.  Get to the point of the installer downloading window showing 5% then it stops, although the main update window that has the 3 sequential lit dots continues.  Usually use Mozilla Firefox; it shows Shockwave as a security issue, cannot check "Always Activate" only "Ask".  Safari has no warning.  But neither allows full downloading, never get to installation.  Help.

Secondary issue is that Firefox browser has become selective on which websites that I have bookmarked it will open without an logical reason that I can determine.  All are bookmarked on Mozilla and have opened immediately until yesterday.  Can these two issues be linked?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please know that i am not an IT person and feel free to speak as you would a 5 yr old...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moving to Installing Flash Player forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In order to troubleshoot the installation problem I'm going to need some log files from you.  Please do the following:

1. Select the Go -> Go to Folder... menu item from the Finder menu
    2013-04-16_11-19-25.png
  2. Copy and paste ~/Library/Logs/Adobe_ADMLogs into the Go to Folder dialog
    GoToFolder.jpg
  3. Locate the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files in the folder that appears.
  4. Upload both files to cloud.acrobat.com using the instructions at How to share a document
  5. Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maria,

hope I’ve done this correctly.  Strange; when i went straight to Finder, Steps 1 & 2, I could find the files.  But when trying to find them in the Upload Files to cloud process, the Library folder was not to be found.  I circumvented this by copying & pasting to a folder that appeared in both, and uploaded form there which appears to have worked.  Please let me know:

https://cloud.acrobat.com/folder/5ac0bc66-9ad5-4a49-be20-bb529f0ab41c <https://cloud.acrobat.com/folder/5ac0bc66-9ad5-4a49-be20-bb529f0ab41c>

Brian  <deleted PII>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines