Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 ToC design functionality removed?

Feb 29, 2008 Feb 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RH up to version 6, there was a very useful feature whereby you could rearrange Topics and Books in the Table of Contents by means of keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+ arrow keys. This proved to be so quick and easy that I sometimes mastered printable manuals in RH, rearranged the chapters and sections in seconds, and then exported them into Word, for final formatting, then into PDF, and off to the printers. (Online Help was not required).
Now I find that these useful keyboard shortcuts HAVE BEEN REMOVED. Or is there a setup checkbox that I can Tick to switch them back on again?
This appears to be yet another frustration with a new release of a product, when the programmers have actually taken the trouble to remove useful functionality and consider it to be an improvement.
Or am I missing something?
Sigh...
Somebody pass this to the Product Manager. Please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
May 12, 2008 May 12, 2008
I found out what has happened.
Adobe changed the shortcut keys for moving topics in the ToC, to use the Alt+Shift+Up/Down/Left/Right Arrow keys. They forgot to tell anybody, and the Help Guide still shows the old (wrong) shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,
Feb 29, 2008 Feb 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Philip

Sorry, but while one of us here can certainly alert the developers to the issue, the very most effective way to do so is by you and others submitting a Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form. You may do this by clicking here and completing the form that should display.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I found out what has happened.
Adobe changed the shortcut keys for moving topics in the ToC, to use the Alt+Shift+Up/Down/Left/Right Arrow keys. They forgot to tell anybody, and the Help Guide still shows the old (wrong) shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp