• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Glossary Tab on Skin

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2008 Apr 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am usiing a skin and when I edit it and view it the Glossary tab appears. When I generate it, it is not there. When I generate the file, under the Contents area the Table, Index, Glossary are all grayed out, although the TOC and generated Index all work in the final output. The Glossary does not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2008 Apr 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MEP45

What is your output type? WebHelp? FlashHelp? HTML Help?

Whether you get a Glossary is dependent on a number of factors.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2008 May 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the output is WebHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 02, 2008 May 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to:

1. Actually create terms and descriptions in the Glossary tab.
2. Select the Glossary checkbox in the second WebHelp generation window.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2008 May 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have terms, and I do not see a checkbox in the second generation window, it is on the first one but is grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2008 May 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you looking? In the window or the single sourse layout? Open up your Webhelp single source layout and the checkbox Leon says is on the second dialog.

I think you may have Microsoft HTML Help set as your Primary layout. This by default generates a CHM file and dictates your window settings. With webhelp, the window settings are controlled by the skin you use and the webhelp single source layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2008 May 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My primary output/layout is WebHelp US, we don't want to use .chm files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is greyed out on the first page because you only have one glossary. That would be enabled if you created more than one glossary.

Look at the top of the second page. No Glossary tick box there?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting closer. I now have the Glossary icon on my output. But I click it and no glossary of terms appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have created the glossary in the glossary editor rather than as another topic?

Have you ticked Mark of the Web while you work locally?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing a file filename.glo. I have several glossary terms and descriptions in it. Here is what I do:

1. File > Generate Primary Layout (WebHelp US)
2. On next page I aheb the output folder and Start page defined.
3. Skin is set.
4. Under content section, I have my Glossary name selected from the drop-down.
5. Under Additional Options I am assuming you are referring to the Add Mark of the Web to be selected (?)

I click Next>and I see all the toolbar buttons which list the buttons I want including the Glossary icon.

On the Navigation Pane Preferred Format I am generating as No Java Applet: Pure HTML button selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your last sentence is the problem. Try changing the option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there some reason you're not using the full option starting with DHTML?

Haarvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all the options, and nothing. The icon is there, clicking on it does nothing. I think I am just going to remove it at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

With a skin, you must use one of the DHTML options for generating WebHelp.

Is the IE browser Security setting too high?

When you view the output, are you getting a yellow popup warning about active content?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2008 May 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big is the whole project zipped up? Advise me by email of the size and include a link to this thread. Contact me via my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2008 May 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your project a merged project? If yes, you need to make sure that you have at least one glossary entry in the parent topic. Then, the Glossary option will be enabled.

Debbie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2008 May 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you view the output, are you getting a yellow popup warning about active content? - No, I am don't get this.

Is your project a merged project? - Not a merged project, created new from scratch.

Peter - I don't think I can give you access to it as the project is consider company confidential in the current phase we are in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am suggesting you send the help, not the code for the software. :-)

I am often sent stuff that would certainly be considered confidential, bank procedures and even military programs. I simply look at the problem, give what answer I can and then trash the help. Also bear in mind that if I breached such trust, Adobe would strip me of my Community Expert status. That is something I would not risk.

Why not explain the situation to your management so that they are aware that 18 posts in this thread have not resolved the problem so likely they will not have a glossary.

Maybe you could mock up the problem in a new project with garbage information? You never know, you might solve the problem by preparing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
After much head banging, I decided to start from scratch for the next revision of help. I created a new project, started with a fresh skin and imported my html and images. I created a few glossary terms, and built the WebHelp.

Wala, the glossary nows works. So I am thinking there was something very corrupt in my project setup from the start that did not allow me to see this.

Good thing it is a new project and small right now.

Thanks for everyones help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp