• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Help Topics - RH5 to RH7

New Here ,
May 12, 2008 May 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inherited a RH 5 project a month ago when I joined this company. They have just purchased RH7 and I installed it and opened the old project in it. Everything came through fine...until I had to integrate it with the software product. Now, when I call the c-s topics from within the product build, I get the same topic (the first one) every time. Anyone have any idea what might be going wrong here? Has the new v. changed the way it calls the help? It seems to have something to do with "map IDs".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2008 May 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CaroMe1 and welcome to the RH community.

There should be no change to how csh is called. RH is just one of many tools that produce the output. It is the application that calls the output so something must have changed there. What output are you creating (e.g. webhelp, chm)? Also can you post the call being made from your application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2008 May 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum. Thanks for the reply. I'm outputting to WebHelp. In my research, I discovered the following note in the RH help files: "If you upgrade to a new version of RoboHelp, your developer must change the help calls to enable importing context text strings from previous versions."

Does anyone know what that entails or where I can get more information about that?

Caro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2008 May 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caro. Check out this link for some excellent advice on the options for calling webhelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link Colum but, sadly, it's not working. Is there an alternative link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CaroMe1

I believe Peter's web hosting service is down at the moment. You may wish to try using Google to see Google's cache version of the page. I tried using the search terms "grainge merge webhelp" and it was the first link listed. It may not work, but I'll try posting a link to the cached version below.

Click here

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup sorry folks but there are big problems with my host company servers so it could be a day or two before things are back to normal.

On top of that tomorrow I will be going to a two day company conference and next week I will be working away from home.

I'll do my best to follow things.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2008 May 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Peter's site is back up this morning....phew!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp