• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

supported lens profiles are missing

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I add profiles for supported lenses to Lightroom?

In "Lens Corrections" in the Develop tab, my list of lens profiles does not include many of those "List of Supported Lenses" on Adobe's web page.  Examples include the Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM and TAMRON SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD A007E.  Updating my version of Lightroom tonight did not add these supported lenses to my lens profiles.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 04, 2016 Sep 04, 2016

Lens profiles are mostly only for raw files.  If you are looking at a JPG (or other non-raw such as PSD or TIF) then you won't see very many lens profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brianh,

Please Refer: Work with lens profiles in Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Camera Raw

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, Mohit, but that is what I already read.  That is the page that tells me profiles should exist for my lenses and for Lightroom, but it says nothing about how to download them if they're missing from the list in Lightroom itself.  I'm trying to find out how to obtain additional profiles from Adobe itself.  I also already tried the Lens Profile Downloader, but it only gave me limited profiles created by other users, not the complete lens profiles created by Adobe corporation.

Please explain how to add lens profiles to Adobe Lightroom 6.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2016 Mar 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this issue, and that blog reference does not explain, as far as I could see, how I show the lens I know is supported in Lightroom CS6, but doesn't show.

I have a Canon 50mm f/2.5 compact macro, and yes it's supported. How do I get it to show in the dropdown?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2016 Mar 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload a sample raw to Dropbox or similar and post the link here.  That will let others take a look and see if it's a general issue with LR or specific to your configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2016 Sep 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue.  I have the tamron 18-270.  it is a supported lens but is not showing in the lens profile options.  please let me know how this can be fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2016 Sep 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lens profiles are mostly only for raw files.  If you are looking at a JPG (or other non-raw such as PSD or TIF) then you won't see very many lens profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, one more try at this question:

I am using a Sony A6000 camera with a Samyang 12mm 2.0 lens.  Editing a raw file.  Lightroom CC 2107.

The list of Adobe lenses published shows that this lens/camera profile should be supported.

I cannot get it to show up in the lens profile menu in the developer module.

Please let me know if I need to provide any other information to address this question. 

Judging by the traffic in the web, and the Adobe forums, this seems to be an issue for many users and I have not been able to find the answer.

Any thoughts???  Help is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Sony A6000 camera with a Samyang 12mm 2.0 lens.  Editing a raw file.  Lightroom CC 2107.

There is no CC 2017 -- please do Help > System Info and report the exact version of LR. LR often fools people into thinking they are on "the latest".

The Samyang 12mm f/2 NCS CS was first supported in CC 2015.4 / 6.4, and it appears in my CC 2015.12:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really surprised that someone can't write a proper explanation to this.

What if you are missing lens profiles.

Where do you get them from ?

How can you add them?

If you are installed in the latest version and still don't have the lens profiles how do you add them

Can you also clarify officially if you shot in Jpeg that you only get a  tiny number of lens profiles?

Is it really only for Raw?

If so what is the logic of that. It's supposed to fix lens distortion so it doesn't matter whether its Raw or Jpeg.

Please Adobe can we have  a proper answer and stop adding links or giving short replied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is primarily user-to-user, with a occasional participation by first-level Adobe support. We often provide links to authoritative information because that's more efficient and accurate than rewriting articles from scratch for each new person who comes to the forum.

Can you also clarify officially if you shot in Jpeg that you only get a  tiny number of lens profiles? Is it really only for Raw?

See this FAQ from Adobe employee Rikk Flohr: Camera Raw/Lightroom: When will my Lens profile be available? | Photoshop Family Customer Community

If so what is the logic of that.

See this post from Adobe Camera Raw Engineer Eric Chan: Lightroom: More lens profiles for jpegs | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you are missing lens profiles

Troubleshooting steps:

1. Verify you've opened a raw in Develop, not a JPEG.

2. Verify the exact lens is supported by Adobe: Supported lenses

3. Verify you truly have "the latest" version of LR by doing Help > System Info. LR's update mechanism is unreliable, and LR and Creative Cloud often fool people into thinking they have the latest version but in fact don't.  (The current version is CC 2015.12 / 6.12.)

4. With a raw file selected, in the Lens Correction panel check Enable Profile Corrections and if necessary, select the Make and Model from the dropdowns.

5. If the profile still isn't showing in the Lens Correction panel, post back here with the results of Help > System Info and a screenshot of the Lens Correction panel with Enable Profile Corrections checked.

If your lens isn't listed as a supported lens, you can see if someone else has shared their own profile, or you can create your own (see the FAQ I linked to in the previous post).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a Sony DSC-RX100 and shooting RAW. There is no lens profile in Lr and it does not offer "Built in lens profile". The Adobe Lens Profile Downloader finds 2 profiles that seem to match this camera's lens. I download them. Where do they go, and what folder do they belong in for Lr to recognize them?

Thanks

Win 10 on NUC w/Intel I-7, 32G RAM, M2 SSD, Current Lr & Ps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote  "C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0"

No this is wrong profiles created by other users and third party providers are to be installed in the "USERS" file folder structure. Do a search to see what the location is.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some searching it's actually seems to be both:

C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0\Downloaded

Contains Apple iPhone .lcp files

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\Resources\LensProfiles\1.0\{lens manufacturer}\{camera manufacturer}\{file name}

Contains what appears to be everything else

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a Sony DSC-RX100 and shooting RAW. There is no lens profile in Lr and it does not offer "Built in lens profile".

When you look in Develop's Lens Correction panel, under Profile, do you not see "Built-in Lens Profile applied"?

You don't need to apply any lens profiles for the RX100, since it's built-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "

Using a Sony DSC-RX100 and shooting RAW. There is no lens profile in Lr and it does not offer "Built in lens profile".

When you look in Develop's Lens Correction panel, under Profile, do you not see "Built-in Lens Profile applied"?

You don't need to apply any lens profiles for the RX100, since it's built-in."

Yes, thing is the profile is not in Lightroom, it is placed in the Raw file header by the Camera so its supplied by the Camera Manufacturer and applied automatically by Adobe. There is no option to turn on or off.

To be clear "Built in Lens Profile applied" this is to signify that the raw file has a lens profile built in and it has been applied. The profile is not created by Adobe, so you will not find it in the folder that contains lens profiles created by Adobe.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm familiar with the built in lens profiles. My concern was when that did not appear, and set me on the hunt for the profiles.

I should say that this is a re-installation of all Adobe products after a clean install of Windows that was undertaken to clear out the cobwebs of this old computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My concern was when that did not appear,

If you're editing an RX100 raw and "Built-in Lens Profile applied" does not appear in the Lens Correction panel, then something is seriously wrong with your LR -- looking for lens profiles to apply isn't the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmmmm.

I think I may have been looking at a jpeg at the time. Though I normally only shoot RAW, I had switched to jpeg when I noticed the card was nearing full and didn't have a spare with me.

So, in fact the built in profiles are there and are being applied to RAW files as usual. Next question is, are the builtin profiles applied if  'Enable Profile Corrections' remains unchecked? It would seem so as the info line said that it has been applied. And then, if the built-in profile is applied without the profile correction switch being ticked, does applying another profile work in conjunction with the built-in, or does it replace it?

Really into the weeds here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are the builtin profiles applied if  'Enable Profile Corrections' remains unchecked? It would seem so as the info line said that it has been applied. And then, if the built-in profile is applied without the profile correction switch being ticked, does applying another profile work in conjunction with the built-in, or does it replace it?

For cameras with built-in lens profiles, they are always applied, as indicated by "Built-in Lens Profile applied" always appearing, and there is no way to stop them from being applied. Adobe product developers have said that the camera manufacturers request that the built-in profiles always be applied. The raws from most compacts and micro four-thirds mirrorless cameras have built-in lens profiles. 

A quick test shows that if you check Enable Profile Corrections and choose a lens profile, it is applied in addition to the built-in profile.  E.g. here's an RX100 raw without and with a Nikon Fisheye profile applied:

In both cases, the message "Built-in Lens Profile applied" appeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D'oh!  How did my camera settings change to JPEG?!!!!  =(

That's the first JPEG image I've shot in about 5 years! 

So glad to see my lens profiles are right where I left them!

Thanks!!!

JP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines