• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Accidentally saved over different PDF

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was creating a binder to save several different pdfs into one single file, and then I was prompted to save. However, I accidentally saved over the wrong PDF file, and I can't seem to revert back. Is there any way to revert back to the previous PDF that I saved over? I really need that file!

I know, I sound very clumsy, which indeed I am, but any feedback that can help me with this problem would be GREATLY appreciated!

Also, my Acrobat version is Adobe Acrobt X Pro.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may look at your backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I find those backups? I have a Windows 7 computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no backups unless you made them, I'm afraid. Take it as a lesson that you need to keep backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 has the ability to perform incremental backups.  If you've got this feature turned on, you may be able to right-click the file and choose Restore Previous Versions.  If you've got an incremental backup of the file prior to overwriting it, you might be able to get it back.

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anything with windows 8 , backups for previous file...........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2016 Mar 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this happen and now adobe has a feature where you right click the file and in properties you can select "previous versions". You might be able to restore from that - mine says its on an external hard drive I back up at home so i'll try that later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a note to say that Previous Versions is nothing to do with Adobe. It's a Windows feature, mostly available if you use Windows Backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you sent or received the file via email?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not send nor recieve the file via email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reverted to an old version!!!

I went to the search for file function on Windows - I think its called explorer.

Then I right clicked on the file and clicked on "restore previous versions.

Wait for the previous version to pop up in the check box, and click on the restore button and OK.

I appreciate all the help I have found on previous forums - just worked this one out and thought I would share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too. Same problem, same solution. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just saved my life, I love you friend! 🙂 Thank you so much!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In computing there are two categories of users: those who have already lost data and those who will lose data.

==> backup, backup, backup…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This idea just saved a 15 page document that was saved incorrectly deleting 14 of the pages.  THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines