• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turn off Active X

New Here ,
May 13, 2008 May 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, everyone want the message "IE has restricted this webpage from running scrips or active X...." on the top of the page to disappear. So do I

1. In the Design Editor, double-click the ActiveX control to open the properties dialog.

2. Select the name/value property to delete.

3. Click Delete .

If so, where is the "Active X Control"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve

Note the message says:

"IE has restricted this webpage from running scrips or active X...."

I believe it's the scripts (JavaScript) that are being sensed and triggering the message.

Note that if you have RoboHelp 6 or 7, you have the option of enabling "Mark of the Web" when you generate your output. If you do this, the message isn't triggered when running WebHelp locally off the C drive.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked out this link on the RoboWizard's site. He has a very helpful captivate demo there showing you exactly how to get rid of that evil sorcery

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello sneedhearn -

"Active X" probably isn't the problem, JavaScripts are. Include "mark of the Web" when you compile your project as you can't get away from using JavaScripts in RoboHelp.

See this MSDN blog:

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2005/03/07/388992.aspx

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should note that I am using RoboHelp HTML. I don't see a "mark the web" when I compile. I just click on the "Generate Primary Layout" button and get the options to "view result" "done", etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Steve

You need to step through the intermediate dialogs when you generate in order to see the option. Because you are using the Quick Generate icon, you aren't seeing them.

Double-click the layout and you should see the first of several screens. The first typically has the option for Mark of the Web.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2008 May 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Worked like a charm - thanks for all of your time and your help on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use MOTW, and I don't get the yellow bar, with these conditions:

IE6 or IE7
Win XP
local C drive or Inter/Intranet URL

In IE Tools/Internet Options -- if you have control over these settings:

Security/ Internet and Intranet should be no higher than Medium.
Open custom settings and Disable automatic prompting. Enable Active X and script functions (you may not want to enable unsigned or unverified controls). Change "prompt" to "enable" where you can.

In Internet Options/Advanced, Allow active content from CDs and in files to run on your computer.

I don't know about Vista.

IT-imposed browser settings can interfere with what I'm doing. So far, the worst is that I have to redo the settings once a day, when I boot up.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello sneedhearn -

OK, let's back up a bit...which version of RoboHelp are you using? RH X5 (and earlier) doesn't have "mark of the Web" - I think that appeared in RH6 and it is in RH7.

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp