• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't download my PC game and keep getting this error message "Adobe Flash Player 10.1 r52 has stopped working". I'm using internet explorer as my default browser and my operating system is XP.

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2016 Mar 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never had this problem before. I set my internet browser at Internet explorer default. I've tried uninstalling flash player, rebooting my computer and then re-installing but that isn't working either.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It would seem you have a very, very old version of Flash Player installed.  If you're using multiple browsers you may not have the correct plugin installed, as Internet Explorer uses the ActiveX Control, Firefox uses NPAPI plugin, and Chrome/Opera (and other Chromium-based browsers) use the PPAPI plugin.

Since you're now using IE, launch IE and navigate to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html.  Click the Check Now button and post the resulting System Information in your reply.

Also, what is the website you are going to to download the game and what is the name of the game?  What Service Pack if any, do you have installed?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank-you for the reply.

I clicked the Check Now button and these were the results:

Your Flash Version     21.0.0.197

Your Browser Name     Internet Explorer (Active X)

Your Operating System     Windows (Vista)

The game I am trying to download is called Nancy Drew. I do not know what you mean by a service pack. I'm sorry I can't be more specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines