• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Optimize RoboHelp 11 Features / Best Practices

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need training recommendations for learning how to optimize RoboHelp 11 features and employ "best practices" (if there are any) for our content development efforts. Our output is WebHelp. We use basic features such as pop-ups, links to external docs. We author inside RoboHelp.

We want to make efficient use of RoboHelp features, but do not know where to start. Docs/training tell us what the features do, but finding little guidance on which features we might want to use to get certain outcomes. Here are some of our questions:

• We have several images that we reuse in different projects, but would rather "share" our images between projects, but don't know how.
  • We struggle with providing paper review copies for other departments (compliance, legal, etc.) who need to approve content.
  • What are the benefits of the other output choices for our users (a busy call center)?
  • We only use pop-ups, what would the benefits or "Best Practices" be for using the text or snippets?
  • We don't get the benefits of baggage files. Why would we want a baggage file over linking to external docs?
  • Etc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, a lot of this is what you might learn in a class. Certainly can be done via forum, but you might be better off if you had a small one on one session with someone such as myself that might last an hour or so.

Anyhoo, here are the brief answers to the queries.

• We have several images that we reuse in different projects, but would rather "share" our images between projects, but don't know how.

This sounds like a place where you would want to configure and use the Resource Manager.

• We struggle with providing paper review copies for other departments (compliance, legal, etc.) who need to approve content.

RoboHelp has a Review process built into it where you produce a PDF and the reviewers mark it up, then you import it back into the project.

• What are the benefits of the other output choices for our users (a busy call center)?

This one would require a bit of discussion about expectations and whatnot. Definitely too much to share in a simple post and it would also involve some Q and A.

• We only use pop-ups, what would the benefits or "Best Practices" be for using the text or snippets?

Snippets are good for reusing content that appears repeatedly.

• We don't get the benefits of baggage files. Why would we want a baggage file over linking to external docs?

The benefits of Baggage files are the ability to use the search to find information inside them and the fact that they "come along for the ride" when you produce your output.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome – this is a great start for us. And one on one a possibility too. How would that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Basically we would agree on things like a time to meet up and a fee that we are comfortable with and we would connect via something like GoToMeeting or WebEx. With that type of connection each side can see the other side's screen activity. (one side at a time) so that coaching might occur or a technique can be shown. Conversation can occur freely and questions may be asked or whatever.

If that sounds like something you want to pursue further, please contact me via my private email. rickstone1975 (at) gmail (dot) com.

Please note that I don't typically "troll" the Adobe forums in search of selling answers. I try as much as I can to offer help as needed. But this situation seems a bit more out of the ordinary and requiring some deeper communication than the typical post. Which is why I suggested what I did.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp