• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player - Asus VivoTab RT tablet

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to open a web page that showed a closed circuit television program.  It said that I needed Adobe Flash Player and gave me an Adobe link from which I could download the program.  However, that link advised that Flash was already embedded into the Internet Explorer that came with the Windows 8RT operating system.  I checked to see if Flash was "enabled" (using Explorer's "tools") but the name of the program was listed among the add-ons as "Flash Object."  How can I get Flash PLAYER onto my tablet?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The 'Flash Object' that you're seeing is most likely the Flash Player ActiveX Control.  Make sure that it's enabled.  Another item to check is that ActiveX Filtering is not enabled.  Refer to this tech note for assistance with both: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html‌.

Note that Microsoft has terminated support for Windows 8 (Microsoft ends support for Windows 8, asks users to upgrade to Windows 8.1 or 10 | Windows Central), including updating Flash Player in IE (as of Windows 8, Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE and all updates were released by Microsoft via Windows Updates).  The last Flash Player version for Windows 8 is 20.0.0.272 released in January.  To receive Flash Player updates you would need to upgrade your system (if possible) to at least Windows 8.1.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines