• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I make audio clips loop in premiere or elswhere

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW DO I MAKE AUDIO CLIPS LOOP IN PREMIERE OR ELSWHERE?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 19, 2016 Mar 19, 2016

None of these answers are correct.

My brother found this thread, looking for help, and left in frustration, asking me for the answer instead.

Kevin-Monahan's answer is only half-complete.

Here's the full answer:

To loop a video or audio clip on the timeline, right click it and select "Nest..."

Name the nest whatever you like.

Now, double click the nested clip you just created. This will enter the nested sequence.

NOW, you can select the clip, copy it, and paste it multiple times. (Just keep hitting CTR

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it in AE by just setting the number of loops in the Footage Interpretation window. Making a seamless audio loop in Audition is also a simple matter. Just looping audio by repeating the track will not usually work to create a seamless audio bed. What are you trying to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2013 Mar 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks RickI use some long clips of horse riding and the relevant instructions involved in equine assisted therapy. Most of the audio I have is short, so I wanted to make longer tracks by looping.Ray Holland (equinoterapia)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2013 Mar 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Premiere Pro timeline, just copy/paste the section you want to loop into the Timeline. Repeat the process for as many loops as you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 28, 2013 Nov 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

missing this option in this app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very "practical" solution and such fresh ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That solution of cut and paste is not actually a loop.

Loops are endless by definition. 

Copies  are finite. ie they will end when the copies end.

Maybe you were not wanting a "loop"..but a repeat of a clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My comment that answers "Kevin-Monahan"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK

There is no way to LOOP a sequence by exporting it into a movie file.

Its logic ...because a Sequence is finite.

Looping an output can only be done automatically by authoring a DVD (AFAIK).

Otherwise..its up to the "player"...but that not automatically looped and requires viewer input. (Press Loop.)

BTW - the OP got the answer to his question from Kevin.  He was not after a "loop".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 13, 2015 Mar 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2015 Jul 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but what if my section is just a few seconds long and I don't want to copy and paste it about 300x times? Is there really no other way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, copy the clip.

Then copy the first 2 clips.

Then copy the first 4 clips

It'll be much less then 300x times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh man ... why can't they just handle it like Sony Vegas. Where I simply drag the footage as long as I want and it is automatically getting repeated when I make it longer than the source ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe what is looking for is something similar to what you can do in After Effects.

In the "interpret footage" settings of a clip you can set it to "loop" or "cycle" as many times as you want.

Much easier than copy and pasting multiple times (30 or 300). It would be a very useful function to have in Premiere too.

Example - I have a short beep sound 8 frames long,Loading this multiple times into the time line is going to be a little "messy", so I'll load it in Audition and create my loop there.

Better if I could do it in Premiere, instead of needing another step and application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bartstevens

Many thanks for the information.

Ray Holland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

horrible answer. The option exists correctly in After Effects. How hard would it be to make the identical option in Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2015 Oct 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to loop audio or video in the timeline, you first need to set in and out points for your clip (right click in at the top of the time line and Mark In/Mark Out, or use controls in playback window).  Once you have done this, you then have to turn on looping.  I have found that in the last few version of Premiere, the loop function keeps moving. 

As of right now (Premiere Pro CC October 2015), you need to go to your program/playback monitor, and on the bottom right hand side you will see a plus button.  Hit this to bring up options for other buttons the playback controls can display.  One of them is a loop function. Drag this to the bottom of the monitor window, turn it on, and then your clip will loop infinitely between the markers.  This is great for adjusting applied effects on the fly.

In older versions of Premiere, you'll find the looping in the options menu in the upper right hand corner of the playback monitor.  The options menu is a little button...easy to miss.

Another helpful key combo is Shift+K which resets and plays your audio from wherever you first clicked in the timeline.  This one is very helpful for audio too.

Hope that helps.  Took me forever to find!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

GREAT answer this works awesome for looping a clip or any section in PR. Audio/Video. In some apps you just press Ctrl+L on a clip and the clip loops forever until you press stop. this has a similar result with a few more key strokes/mouse moves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2016 Mar 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these answers are correct.

My brother found this thread, looking for help, and left in frustration, asking me for the answer instead.

Kevin-Monahan's answer is only half-complete.

Here's the full answer:

To loop a video or audio clip on the timeline, right click it and select "Nest..."

Name the nest whatever you like.

Now, double click the nested clip you just created. This will enter the nested sequence.

NOW, you can select the clip, copy it, and paste it multiple times. (Just keep hitting CTRL V, and the playhead advances forward automatically to place the next clip.)

Return to the main sequence.

Now, you can use the selection tool to extend that nest as much or as little as you like.

This is a far superior method, because a nested sequence is a SINGLE CLIP that can be resized, given effects, moved, lengthened, and shortened very easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TTTipsy,

Thanks for the response. I marked your answer as the correct one now since it's better.

Regards,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is about time PR adds the function AE has for looping a single clip the desired number of times by right clicking it in project panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines