• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems installing Flash Player for Firefox?

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2016 Mar 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have Google Chrome installed and I would like to not have to uninstall Google Chrome around every month to install an update, as other people use my computer at my house and they all use the same windows account. Also, My computer is old (Windows Vista) and I'm not sure if I can install Chrome anymore after that because they are discontinuing updates and I'm not sure when or if they already have.

Is there some kind of quick fix I can do to "hide" Google Chrome from Adobe Flash Player so I can install it for Firefox?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are 3 types of Flash player:

1) PPAPI which is used for Browsers like Opera

2) ActiveX for Internet Explorer

3) NPAPI which is used for Firefox

Google Chrome uses its own version of PPAPI so that is NOT effected by anything in these forums period.

I suggest that you go to the following page: Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier

Go to the bottom f that page and under the section were is says:

Still having problems?

You will find your installation for FIrefox Flash player. That Should resolve your problem.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines