• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is MasterData.xml file?

Explorer ,
May 14, 2008 May 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When our users access the help from our application, a error is logged to the event log that it can't find the MasterData.xml file. The help works but it is concerning to see the error message in the event log and also after a while or ignoring a popup is received.

In doing some research we located the MasterData.xml file references in the whtopic.js file. I have read that this file supports the navigation bar but I cannot find any references to the MasterData.xml file and if I have any control over that name.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm using RoboHelp 7.01.001.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 15, 2008 May 15, 2008
In case any one else runs into this, as MergeThis posted, there is another posting if you do a search through all the forums for RoboHelp. It basically says that Adobe is aware of it but it doesn't affect help. Since it affects the event log in our application and looks bad to our customers we got around it by creating an empty file named MasterData.xml. We no longer get the error and the help is not negatively affected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A forum Search on "MasterData.xml" returns another posting that resulted in an answer from an Adobe developer.

Try it yourself...

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I had searched all Adobe forums and the WebHelp forum but missed all the RoboHelp forums. I had found a whtopic.js file that didn't do me any good so I was a little perplexed. After reading the answer since Adobe isn't concerned about the error I think we are going to create a dummy file so our application quits erroring. We will see how that works.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2008 May 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In case any one else runs into this, as MergeThis posted, there is another posting if you do a search through all the forums for RoboHelp. It basically says that Adobe is aware of it but it doesn't affect help. Since it affects the event log in our application and looks bad to our customers we got around it by creating an empty file named MasterData.xml. We no longer get the error and the help is not negatively affected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp