• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 4.5 doesn't show iPad ADE

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed ADE 4.5 (from Adobe download, not from Apple App Store) on my iMac (OSX 10.11.4). I installed ADE from iOS App Store on my iPad (iOS 9.3). I connect iPad to iMac with USB cable. I start iMac ADE. Adobe web page says that iPad should appear in iMac ADE "Devices" on left, but iPad doesn't appear.

I have a book (The clocks.pdf) from my local library in iMac ADE, and I can read it on iMac ok. I want to read it on iPad.

After a few minutes, "The clocks.pdf" appeared in iPad ADE, but the cover picture shows just a gray rectangle, says Author Unknown. When I tapped on the book, ADE asked to authorize ADE on iPad; I entered my user name and password. But the content of the book doesn't show. When I go back to Library (on iPad) and tap on the book, nothing happens.

I tried quitting iMac ADE and iPad ADE, disconnected USB cable, and started again with same results.

I opened iMac iTunes, select iPad / Apps / Digital Editions; shows the book (The clocks.pdf, 26.2 MB) along with folder "Digital Editions", book "Getting Started ...", folder "Manifest".

I also tried using iTunes to copy book to iPad Bluefire Reader, but it wouldn't show the content of the book. Remember that the book displays fine on iMac ADE.

How to read that book on iPad? Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you open the eBook in Digital Edition on your iMac before you move it to the mobile app device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the ebook opens fine on iMac ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2016 Mar 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you check if work if you download the File direktly from the website of the reseller over the ipad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2016 Mar 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find any instructions on how to download directly on iPad. Please tell me how to do that. The only instructions I can find say how to download the .acsm file from my online library using iMac Safari; then open the .acsm file using iMac ADE. iMac ADE then downloads the .pdf. Then I open iMac iTunes; connect the iPad to the iMac via USB; select the iPad; select Apps; scroll down to iPad ADE; click on Add; select the iMac .pdf in the ADE folder ( <user>/Documents/Digital Editions/The clocks.pdf; and iTunes copies the .pdf to ADE on the iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open a Internet browser. Open the website of the reseller and download it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines