• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error 16, Installer failed to initialize

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I need some advice. I encountered error 16 when trying to open photoshop, indesign, or illustrator today. I have/had CS5.5 installed on my mac using os x yosemite. I don't have the SLStore folder and the PCD folder.

I then tried to uninstall the packages but couldn't so I followed through with using the creative cloud cleaner tool to uninstall the software. This worked. The problem is now that I can't reinstall the software from my dvd. The error is "Installer failed to initialize".

Thanks for your time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi leaannsak,

we need more information as "Installer failed to initialize" is a generic error Here's a Guide
on how to obtain log files: [CS5.5] Installer failed to initialize. Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem.

Another possible solution might be this, posted by Brucgovn: Re: Installer failed to initialize InDesign CS5.5

Also, please try to run the Installer(s) as Administrator. It may help.

Kind Regards,
Maurice

Was this answer helpful? Please consider marking it as "Helpful" and/or "Correct Answer" (if applicable) to help future customers with the same problem. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for writing to me. I found the installation log, but it is only from 2011.There is only a log for Indesign, extension, and media encoder.

They have errors: Error code for indesign:DW023

The instructions for this code is "Error DW023 is caused when the installation files are corrupt. Download the installation files again and retry installing the software."

I only have the DVD. I tried installing the software on a new user account. No luck. Same problem.

When I try to reinstall the software, there isn't a need to enter the serial number or the likes, the first step is the initilization. It seems like the software is installed but it is nowhere to be found.

I'm very confused.

Any other ideas?

Kind Regards,

Lea-Ann

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines