• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ToC missing intermittent - URGENT

May 15, 2008 May 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intermittent missing ToC in WebHelp.
The Table of Contents often appears, sometimes doesn't. The pane is always there, but all of the ToC items are missing. The Index, Search and Glossary work normally.
Everything works OK on my desktop PC (Windows XP) but not on this hand-held Panasonic "Toughbook" touch-screen PC, running IE5.
Any ideas please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Hi Colum,
Blue Sky were boasting support for Windows CE as far back as RH 5.5.
However! I seem to have found a fix. It's to do with how fast the device can load files, as they are all stored on a SD memory card.

I had originally used the option "Optimise speed for Local PC", and it was this type of build that had the problems.

Reading into the Help Guide, it seemed that the "Web site (Internet)" option might be better suited to slow download times - or in this case, how fast the program could...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could this be that you are using a pre-RH7 version to create the webhelp and your Panasonic PC is running Vista?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

The WebHelp project was built in RH7. The device runs Windows CE with IE5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Philip.

I'm tempted to say that WinCE is not one of the supported platforms but I have no way of testing this other than referring to Adobe's own system requirements page for RH. Being a cut down version of Windows maybe there is some missing file that you need?

Maybe someone else can confirm this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Colum,
Blue Sky were boasting support for Windows CE as far back as RH 5.5.
However! I seem to have found a fix. It's to do with how fast the device can load files, as they are all stored on a SD memory card.

I had originally used the option "Optimise speed for Local PC", and it was this type of build that had the problems.

Reading into the Help Guide, it seemed that the "Web site (Internet)" option might be better suited to slow download times - or in this case, how fast the program could load files from the SD card.
The new version, when tested, worked over 80 times in a row, without fault.
Fix found!
Thanks for your help Colum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp