• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfimage with captcha does not display all the text

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the cfimage tag with action="captcha" and text="someText".  SomeText is replaced with a random string between 4 & 7 characters.  Sometimes when the captcha is displayed it doesn't show all the characters that was passed in the text argument.  For testing I display the text that is passed into the cfimage tage above the captcha box so I know what should be displayed.  I also tried putting in static text like the word test and there were times it didn't display all 4 letters.

I am using Coldfusion 11

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the width and height dimensions that you are setting for the image?  There might be a minimum width/height in order to display all the letters.

HTH,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

400 & 100

<cfimage action="captcha" text="test" width="400" height="100" difficulty ="low">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm.. that _should_ be large enough..

I should have asked this in my first response, but didn't think of it until now:  Could you please post two or three screencaps of when it isn't doing what you think it should do?

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case I am passing in H9JPB and it isn't displaying the "J"

In this case it actually displayed the wrong letter.  It should be AD738 but it dplayed 0D738.  The 0 or o isn't even an option as one of the possible characters

in this case it isn't showing the "N"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a head-scratcher, for sure.  I can't think of anything, off the top of my head, that would cause that to happen.  Especially displaying "0" when it should be an "A".

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation