Need advise on the correct licensing for my server below:

Server 1: 4 Virtual Core

Server 2: 2 Virtual Core

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me direct you to the EULA, which you should review as my thoughts are superseded by whatever you find there: http://wwwimages.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/licenses-terms/pdf/ColdFusion-2016.pdf

The licensing for CF seems to change with every new release, and CF 2016 is no different.  For Enterprise Edition, CF 2016 requires that each production server retain its own license, and that single Enterprise license will cover a single physical or virtual server instance up to 8 cores on that machine (CF 11 was licensed for up to 2 cores per license).  Skip down to 3.1.1 to see an example of licensing (physical or VM) based on number of cores.  CF Standard edition is still licensed by the number of cores allotted to the server or VM instance (2 cores per license).  Refer to 3.1.2 for an example of CF Standard licensing.

The important thing is to determine if Server 1 and Server 2 each need to be licensed independently.  If Server 2 is a development server, such as a test environment, the same license you are using on Server 1 can be used on Server 2 as well (refer to section 3.1.3).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Nic, you have been very resourceful to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation