• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Congratulations Adobe on GPU identification in 8.1.0.81

LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess what is new in Premiere CC 2014 8.1 release?

No more "cuda_supported_cards.txt" or "opencl_supported_cards.txt" files!

Both this laptop and my main editing computer with so called "unsupported" GPU's (GTX 765M and GTX970) are working fine and even opening an older CS6 project I did not get the "unsupported" message.  I believe it did come up initially and I just breezed by it but now opening a third older CS6 project that had a much older GPU when it was last opened did not give me the message.  Evidently, once Premiere 8.1.0.81 learns that it is a hardware accelerated usable GPU never asks you again.  I further tried installing a second GPU a GTX 770 Sc along with the GTX 970 Sc and Premiere saw it immediately.

Congratulations again to Adobe on this great improvement for Premiere.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the GTX 770 and 970s actually aren't compatible prior to the CC installments? I'm a bit confused. Just finished speaking with a Nvidia Customer Rep who said otherwise. I'm guessing she was wrong, or is there a way around it I'm not aware of?

Congrats to Adobe on the GPU recognition fixes though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2014 Oct 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forums.

I did not imply that there was any problem with the GTX 770 and the GTX 970.  I actually run these both in CS6 (one at a time) very successfully.  In earlier CC you got problems with notices that these cards were "uncertified" and one way of getting them to work was to edit the appropriate files.  Now in Premiere Pro 8.1.0.81 those two files do not exist and recognition of a card that supports hardware accelerated MPE effects and features is automatic. 

Maybe someone can comment on After Effects in the new version if this is also automatic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2014 Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okey so now my GTX 760 doesnt support Cuda anymore? When I look at the list for hardware acceleration I only have the selection of softwarerender now.. How can I get my 760 back to supporting Cuda in PP Cc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Premiere (find out under the help/about tab)?

What version of nVidia driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere CC is version 8.1 and nVidia driver is 344.75

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is weird, open a cmd window and run GPUSniffer.  Here is what it looks like on my laptop. Capture it and post it to see if we can see any reason why you are having this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ran into this problem with my Quadro FX 2800m.  In many cases this issue can be fixed by creating the cuda_supported_cards.txt.

Here is a quick video on YouTube:

Premiere Pro CC 2015: CUDA Hack [Solved] - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines