• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CUDA disabled on Premiere Pro CC 2015 and GTX 760 4GB

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is in the wrong forum then I apologise.

Having an issue with CUDA on Premiere Pro CC 2015 and my GTX 760 4GB. I was editing on Premiere yesterday and had no problems and I have been using this card and Premiere Pro CC (2014 & 2015) for over a year now with no issues. However, today I opened up the project I was working on yesterday and got the message telling me that CUDA GPU acceleration is no longer available. When I create a new project I only get the option to use software CUDA. Went into the NVIDIA Control Panel and selected 'use all GPUs' for CUDA with Premiere Pro - still not working.

I did update my graphics card drivers a few days ago but it seems odd that CUDA would be disabled now and not straight after I updated.

Graphics drivers: 355.60 (latest at time of posting - 16/08/2015)

Operating system: Windows 10 Pro x64 (I installed Windows 10 two weeks ago and have had no issues with CUDA until this morning).

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried rolling back to the previous graphics driver to see what happens?

As you say, seems rather odd that it was okay before, but then "updating" the graphics driver suddenly causes this.

I would also suggest you go back to Windows 7 as MS appear to be providing a number of rolling updates to Win10. Personally, I would not update to MS Win10 for at least another 6 months - did you need to install Win10? How do you know the graphics driver is not compatible with Win10 today even though it might have been a week ago?

Yes, I know Adobe says CC2015 is Win 10 compatible, but it does appear you now have a problem with two unknown variables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try either reinstalling the current driver or going back to the other one. These are Windows 10 drivers.

Not going back to Windows 7 or 8.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm interestingly I just rebooted my PC and it was fine. Not sure if Premiere was just playing up that one time or if changing those settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel had anything to do with it, but GPU Acceleration seems to be enabled again.

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen that happen before that the first time a new graphics card is installed the first time you bring up Premiere the software does not find the CUDA capability but upon reopening Premiere it works fine and there after it is always there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a text file PPCC2015 looks at to see supported cards. I forgot where it was, but you can google and find out - you can manually add your video card in there, in the same format as you see the others in the list. I believe it's a TXT file, and I really want to say it's under AppData.

Once I try to fix MY current adobe issue (unrelated,) I'll see if I can be more specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Jian but that was true in earlier Premiere versions.  There is no "cuda_supported_cards.txt" file any longer for CC2015, the program now automatically accepts qualified cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me AGAIN. Other games, apps, and Adobe apps used CUDA, no problem. PPCC2015 decided it wasn't available, today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jian,

I am having the same problem.  Was working great on my GTX 960 4GB, and did the driver update to 359.00 and boom!  Software only.

Also using Win 10... This isn't a windows problem.. This is an Nvidia driver issue.

Interestingly my Bandicam screen cap (uses CUDA) seems to still work...

going to try rolling back driver version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everybody... 

My rig is Win10-64, with the latest version of PP (CC 2015)...

This happened to my when I upgraded to GeForce Driver 359.

Rolling back to 358.91, and bam!  It works again.  Since other CUDA apps didn't seem to be affected, this must be some quirkyness between PP and Nividia..

Hopefully this helps somebody else!  Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this same issue with MPE with Premiere Pro.  I have had it with all versions of CC.  I will open up a project that I am working on with MPE GPU acceleration on and then I get a warning that I don't have a GPU and can't use MPE with GPU.  However, it is not permanent for me. I will either shut down all my applications and start Premiere again and it will work or if I reboot it will work.

I am using a Quadro 2800m on my laptop that does not seem to be naturally compatible with any version of Premiere Pro.  You might try creating a "cuda_supported_cards.txt" like I did and it might force it to work...

Check out this YouTube video on how to do it:

Premiere Pro CC 2015: CUDA Hack [Solved] - YouTube

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously this is a year old post but I encountered this problem and managed to fix it very easily after a lot of confusion!

Close all Adobe software including the CC app, bring up the task manager with ctrl+alt+del, click processes, find the Creative Cloud app and end the process. Then start up CC and your programme and you should hopefully find the problem is fixed!

The process always seems to be background running and doing this has actually fixed a lot of issues I've had before, e.g. Blocking another unrelated programme from opening! Really hope it helps anyone who's still looking for a way to solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this helped me tremendously after a year of Cuda problems.  No more black screens or crashes.  Amazing.  Adobe needs to look into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines