• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Correct preset for GoPro 2.7K and 4K Resolution?

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I bought elements 14 because it said that it can render GoPro 4K resolution videos. However, there are no presets available for 2.7K and 4K, and there is no option to create a new one.

So, when I open the dialogue to render, it says the source is 1080p resolution instead of the original 2.7K resolution that I have filmed in.

Is there a way to add those presets?

And if it says that the source is 1920 x 1080 ( I filmed in 2.7K) and I render it in 2.7K , will it be 2.7K or will the quality be 1080P stretched to 2.7K?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screenshot of a clip in treeview with MediaInfo  to be sure in what resolution you filmed

PE14 has a preset for 4K.

2.7 K is also 16:9 so there will be no issues when dropping this into a 1920x1080 timeline.

Dropping 2.7K into a 4K timeline might present less picture quality.

There is no easy way to customize presets in PE14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is more of an add-on question rather than an answer:

Apologies if this is not the right way to ask my question, but I am new to the forum.

I have the same question ref 2.7K GoPro clips as erikb68923116 but with Premiere Elements 15 (not 14).

Does anyone know if PE15 will render or stabilise 2.7K?

I have a GoPro H4 and installed v5.0 in order to get the Linear FOV...

I wish to stabilise my clip in PE15. But I get a message that the clip settings must match the project settings. Now in PE15 there is no 2.7K setting under PAL/AVCHD (or any of the other options).

In this forum it says to go for 1080.

So I change my GoPro video settings to 1080p (there is no 1080i) which is the only other setting where Linear FOV is available in the GoPro H4...

So will it work or once again it will not, because PE15 has 1080i while GoPro H4 has 1080p?

Many thanks for any insights!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

E15 has 1080i or 1080p either under avchd or dslr.

Download trial and find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements does have project settings of XAVC video 4K, 3840x2160. Does your camcorder shoot in that resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a Gorpro.

2.7K will give the high framerate (and the slomo's which is usually the main reason) 4K just the standard framerate...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i filmed in 2.7k 60fps. So if I use the 1080  preset, and render it in 2.7k resolution there should not be a quality loss?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there will be quality loss as you are enlarging the image.

On editing the footage will be dropped in a 1920x1080 timeline so the footage will be scaled down to 1920x1080.

On export you will be enlarging the footage from 1920x1080 to 2.7K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌any method that i can use to keep the 2.7k resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes when you open PE14 add the media and the first clip you add to the timeline automatically changes your settings to that clip.  You can verify this by after adding the clip going to preferences at the top and looking at timeline settings. PE14 will always inherit the settings of your first clip added to the timeline. I am not at a computer to go over the exact steps so hopefully I explained this well enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the Adobe help file explaining my above post.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/project-settings-presets.html

Dynamic sequence preset 

When you add a movie clip to the Expert view timeline, Adobe Premiere Elements automatically changes your project settings in the background to match the clip properties. They include dimension, fps, pixel aspect ratio, and field order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is true but in this case it will set itself to a 4K project settings.

Elements does not support 2.7K project settings.

Try it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann,

I will try it when I get home, I had the same problem he is having with gopro footage. I could have sworn it works correctly, but i could be mistaken.

The workflow I ended up using was the timeline PE14 selects when I drag footage to the timeline, import the 2.7k footage do my edit and color grading.This also allows me to crop if needed without quality loss.  Once done I export to 1080P mainly because hardly anyone has the ability to view higher than that and most of my content goes on youtube.

For the dynamic sequence preset I do not open a new project and select project settings. I open PE14 click add media in the center screen, then drag a clip to the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You try it.

Empty the timeline and drop a 2.7K into the timeline

Check the Project Settings and it will read 4K.

If Default Scale to Framesize is on in the Preferences you would not have noticed it was scaled up or lost picture quality.

That is a feature I have default turned off so I know what is dropped in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thanks for the info I will try it when I get home and see what happens.  So what would be your recommended flow for 2.7k footage? I imagine the way I do it rendering to 1080P would give the best quality as up-scaling it to 4k would result in loss of quality .  Again thanks for the info I like learning new things!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would go for 1080p.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I load a 1080 preset, and insert a 2.7k clip, it doesn't change the clip properties to 2.7K, like what you said with dynamic sequence preset.

And if i use the 4k preset, insert a 2.7K clip and render in 2.7K, will there be a quality loss as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same answer yes. You cannot crop the 4K to 2.7K on export.

Meaning not enlarging the 2.7K full screen in a 4K preset (creating black bars)

You can export 4K to 2.7K but you cannot get rid of the black bars

You can do all this stuff in Premiere Pro but not in PE14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No not with PE14. Use Premiere Pro trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines