• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I use the prototype in Xcode?

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am new to XD and i am new in IOS Xcode too.

After create prototype, how to continue/use in Xcode? Thanks ya! : )

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Hi Kris,

I don't think anyone is answering this guy's question properly because he's asking something that's more to do with the fundamentals of app development.

Kris, you have to stop thinking that XD is the Dreamweaver or the Muse of the iOS/Android app development world. It doesn't produce underlying code as you craft your app pages and links, etc. Currently, I don't think that type of app exists, to be honest - please, someone, correct me if I'm wrong.

XD is a prototyping application. It allow

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Adobe Experience Design (Preview) Help | Share designs and prototypes for all that is currently possible using the Share option in XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I already go through the Adobe Experience Design (Preview) Help | Share designs and prototypes

I am sorry, i am still can't get it.

So developer can get the share link, but how they use it in Xcode to create the app?

Are the developer still need to redraw everything in Xcode storyboard?

Is the xd prototype possible to integrate to the Xcode storyboard?

Thanks ya!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can export your assets from XD and give them to the developer, as described here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-design/help/export-design-assets.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update with the export from XD as a Xcode and Xml? If there is not, or won't be...then I will really rethink to use XD at all. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kris,

I don't think anyone is answering this guy's question properly because he's asking something that's more to do with the fundamentals of app development.

Kris, you have to stop thinking that XD is the Dreamweaver or the Muse of the iOS/Android app development world. It doesn't produce underlying code as you craft your app pages and links, etc. Currently, I don't think that type of app exists, to be honest - please, someone, correct me if I'm wrong.

XD is a prototyping application. It allows you to create the look and feel of an app - individual pages, the links between them, effects, order and hierarchy, etc. Basically, it's a UX/UI designer's application. That takes care of the look-and-feel portion of the app development cycle.

The coding portion of the cycle still needs to be done by a developer or someone who specializes in coding with XCode or another type of language, but the assets you export from XD are in the precise format that the coder will require to create the finished product.

I think that's what you're asking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question came up a few times at the MAX conference, and the XD team's answer varied a little, but was on the lines of:

"There are many other features to do before getting around to exporting the prototype with code, so it would be a few years away."

and:

"Previous tools that exported with code produced code that many developers wouldn't use anyway, and exporting code that will work well for the many development tools is a hard task, and therefore not a priority."

I paraphrased a bit, but you get the general idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I don't think that type of app exists"

The tool we are looking for may exist now — I haven't tried it, it just came across my desk this morning, but I thought I would pass it along.

https://supernova.studio/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beautiful program! Thank You big time!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes.... that's the real answer job well done bro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

by questions like this, i always said the @Adobe XD is completly useless, I cant get to understant why will I have 2 works! One to creat some ideia ( but the ideia is on the head just work ) and Another work to recreat the design and in case to app or site, creat the version for it be online, 3 works? useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines