• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6. Need to have time remapping and warp stabilizer work together.

Participant ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be obvious for most people. These two effects must be made to work together.

If you're shooting with a glider you're usually moving very carefully (read: slower than normal) so the footage in post would need to be sped up plus stabilized a bit.

Currently warp stabilizer and time remapping cannot be applied at the same time. But I *need* it to be applied at the same time. I need a workaround.

Should I:

1. shorten the clips, export them, re-import them into the project, and then apply stabilizer?

2. apply the stabilizer, export them, re-import them into the project, and then shorten them?

How do I export individual clips as just seperate clips while Premiere? Do I have to drag them into an empty timeline one by one, apply the stabilizer/remapping, and export, remove the clip, put in the second clip, etc all one by one?

I've used Mercalli in the past and I time remap the footage and then apply Mercalli to the accelerated clip. Mercalli doesn't mind a bit.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apply the Warp, nest and apply Timeremapping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Say that I have 15 glider shots that I need to stabilize and time remap.

Does this mean that I have to nest each individually? Basically I apply time remap to each one, nest each one, and end up with 15 individual nests, each nest only containing one clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nesting each clip individually isn't needed.  Put your clips in a sequence and then nest the sequence.  Have you tried that already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The clips aren't meant to be in a sequence. They are just 15 random glider clips that are going to be interspersed throughout the timeline. They shouldn't be in a sequence playing concurrently one after the other.

You know... my timeline looks like this - glider shot > tripod shot > slider shot > glider > glider > tripod > glider > slider > slider > glider

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would your preferred solution of using nesting be?  It may seem unconventional, but to avoid the repetition of nesting and applying the effects of the initial solution, you could still place those clips needing this treatment in a single sequence and, at export time, you could limit your export to clip boundaries, (manually) sending each clip's export to the Media Encoder's job list (so that you could walk away while all the clips exported). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to nest to begin with. I want to take 15 individual glider clips, destined for different locations in the timeline, and simply speed up and stabilize all of them. Once they are stabilized and sped up, I can position them in the timeline where wanted and export the entire movie.

I mean, that's it. It's so simple. Just like if you were to add a saturation effect at the same time as an exposure effect for a particular clip. I want to add a stabilizing effect and a speed up effect onto a single clip. But Premiere doesn't allow that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fuzzybabybunny wrote:

I don't want to nest to begin with.

Try precomposing in After Effects if you have Premium Production or Master Collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

srukweza wrote:

fuzzybabybunny wrote:

I don't want to nest to begin with.

Try precomposing in After Effects if you have Premium Production or Master Collection.

I should probably rephrase myself by saying that I don't want to *have* to nest.

The nesting tip works. It's a super weird work-around.

1. If I take a single clip on the timeline and then stabilize it and afterwards try to speed it up, Premiere gives me an error message saying that stabilize and time remap can't be done at the same time.

2. It I take that stabilized clip and nest it all by itself, I can magically speed it up now without error messages. All I did was put the single clip into its own little nest. That's it. Why couldn't it have just done it in the first place without that extra clicking to nest the clip into its own nest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simplicity isn't what this Pro app is about and its not what most of the people using this app are about.  Frankly, I don't see what's so onerous about adding the single step of nesting.  There are other scenarios that require this step, so its not quite as weird as first thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JAKE JONSON wrote:

Simplicity isn't what this Pro app is about and its not what most of the people using this app are about.  Frankly, I don't see what's so onerous about adding the single step of nesting.  There are other scenarios that require this step, so its not quite as weird as first thought.

Let me ask you this:

Having the ability to time remap + stabilize a single clip at the same time without having to nest will limit Premiere Pro... how? How would this revert the progress of Premiere? It's not onerous until you have to do the same movement 20+ times for absolutely no techinically beneficial reason other than you have to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe might have written the code in a way that doesn't include the ability to deal with that extra variable. I'm assuming that when it's nested it then makes the timeline it's in just read it as a normal clip again instead of a clip with a non-supported variable included.

Although I'm totally just guessing, but if what I'm saying is correct it would mean a fix wouldn't be very much work at all. Which means in the future they could simply provide a quick and easy patch to fix this. I'd highly suggest to make a feature request.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ComputerNovice25 wrote:

Adobe might have written the code in a way that doesn't include the ability to deal with that extra variable. I'm assuming that when it's nested it then makes the timeline it's in just read it as a normal clip again instead of a clip with a non-supported variable included.

Although I'm totally just guessing, but if what I'm saying is correct it would mean a fix wouldn't be very much work at all. Which means in the future they could simply provide a quick and easy patch to fix this. I'd highly suggest to make a feature request.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Does Adobe read these feature requests? I often have a hard time justifying spending time to type out something when I feel like it's just being thrown into a black hole. I'm sure the team gets thousands of feature requests. It's like the lottery. Statistically you will never win. Sure, you'll never win if you don't play, but it's still a waste of time to play. I know, I'm pessimistic. Just don't have much faith in conglomerates - although Lightroom 3 is by far the most perfect program I have ever used and I would kiss the LR3 team if I could.

With Lightroom, Photoshop is hardly needed anymore unless absolutely necessary or for truly intensive chop-like edits. Premiere DESPERATELY needs a Lightroom equivalent.

I have half a mind to guess (nicely) that you video guys have absolutely no idea what you're missing out on, workflow-wise. It's life-changing. Literally.

I'm doing a video right now and I can't stop thinking about how if I had a Lightroom workflow, this video consisting of 40 clips, 40 titles, 40 transitions, audio tracks could be on the way to final export in 5 minutes. 5 MINUTES. And be 100% as good as if I had to spend an hour doing this in traditional Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2015 Jan 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok listen what have I done with this problem:

1) cut clips, change speed, edit, apply the transitions.

2) select all parts of clip on the time line, right click - nest.

3) and now apply warp stabiliser to whole nesed part.

hope it can help you, people!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2016 Apr 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this "seems" to be working, and may be a faster solution in the long run.  If warp is better to be added to an edited clip.  I have speed and frame hold all done with time remapping on many clips, but most need stabilizing.  so this will hopefully work to my advantage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2016 Apr 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, it didn't work, i still got the red bar across the intro of my nested clip.  but, it applied the stabilization, and, retained all my remapped key frames.  so not sure how to do this other than exporting a stabilized final run, and pull it back in to cut in the keyframes and frame extensions..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines