• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

De-authorize ADE 'authorization' on MAC Mini desktop?

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2016 Apr 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the updated 4.5 ADE, thinking it would allow me to enter a new authorization, but no such luck: the old authorization data is still in place. Since I no longer use the provider/email address I was using when originally 'authorizing' this device (MAC Mini Desktop), nor do I have a record of the password originally used for it, I am stymied. The 'Chat' people referred me to this Forum where they say the "technicians" will tell me how to vacate the old ID & password, so that the new ones can be entered. FYI, I have a new 'Adobe' ID and and new 'Adobe' password, in case it wasn't evident. TECHNICIANS: Help! Help! (Also, before you ask, even though I have access to the 'Erase' pop-up, I know of no way to remove the old ID and old password that populate the form---just to be sure you understand my dilemma---it took over an hour at the 'Chat' site to get what I think may have been an accurate understanding of the issue.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines