• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

help does not launch after upgrading from RH5 to RH7

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2008 May 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is similar to CaroMe1's. Topics within chm files created using RH5 and integrated into our software product launch correctly when a Help button is clicked on a dialog. After upgrading to RH7, using the the same project files, chm files created using RH7 do not launch at all; that is, nothing happens when a Help button is clicked on any dialog.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 16, 2008 May 16, 2008
After some more searching, I found this about importing h files:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/RoboHelp/RHTML/7.0/Context-sensitive/Map_IDs_and_map_files/Importing_map_files.htm

I checked my project, and lo! There's my h file with the icon for a broken link. No h file in the project! I copied it from previous version, recompiled and it works like a charm now.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2008 May 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the CHM have the same filename as the XPJ file?

If not, regenerate the help changing the name to be the same. Then rename it to what you want and try with that file.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2008 May 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The .chm filename and the .xpj filename are the same.

Sorry if I was swerving and incoherent! I probably shouldn't have posted after traveling and no sleep!

Here is how I tested for the source of this problem:
1. I created a .chm file using RH 5, integrated it into our product, clicked on the Help button on any of our dialogs, and the appropriate Help topic displayed.
2. I created a .chm file using RH 7 (using the exact same project files as in the previous step), integrated it into our product, clicked on the Help button on any of our dialogs, and nothing happened. No topic, no Help. Nothing.

Is that a better description of the problem? (I hope)

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That comment is part of my signature, not aimed at anyone in particular! I came across that line recently and it made me smile.

Does the file open OK if you double click it? In other words, is the problem only when called from the application? I think there is something in Using RH7 on my site about that.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
After some more searching, I found this about importing h files:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/RoboHelp/RHTML/7.0/Context-sensitive/Map_IDs_and_map_files/Importing_map...

I checked my project, and lo! There's my h file with the icon for a broken link. No h file in the project! I copied it from previous version, recompiled and it works like a charm now.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp