Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem installing Robohelp 2015 trial version

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

when trying to install the Robohelp 2015 trial version, I get a message saying that installation of interface was insuccessful as it is impossible to register the configuration panel (original message in French: Echec de l'installation de l'interface - Akamai Net Session: Impossible d'enregistrer le panneau de configuration).

After I download the exe, installation does not start automatically, so I wait 5-6 minutes to make sure download is complete (about 10MB) and then I double-click to execute the exe. Installation seems to start OK, but then it is interrupted and I view the previously described error message.

I am installing on Windows 7.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Rosa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't use akamai.  download both the exe and 7z files directly.

Capture.PNG

put both in the same directory after downloading is complete and double click the exe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

thanks for your reply. I had already tried to download the two files, and I just tried again, but both links don't work (I have tried on two different machines).

Regards,

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they work for me.

try a different browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an issue that vexed me when I tried to install the RoboHelp 15 free trial, too. The error I saw said, "Installer has detected that a machine restart may be pending. It is recommended that you quit the installer, restart your machine and try installing again."

I solved it after taking advice I found at the this link FlashPad » Blog Archive » Problem with CS5 / Flex 4.5 : Installer has detected that a machine restar.... I chose to rename a key called PendingFileRenameOperations. (I added a “2” at the end.) Another recommendation is to delete or rename an InProgress key which my Registry did not have. Anyway, I was able to install RH 15 after I renamed the PendingFileRenameOperations key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2016 Apr 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to RoboHelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this problem resolved now?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp