• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can´t open DRM in Acrobat Reader - There was an error opening this document. The security plug-in required by this command is unavailable.

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I´ve purchased an ebook with DRM (ACSM file)  - installed ADE (Digital Edition 4.5) and downloaded the book. I can open it in ADE normally, but when opening in Acrobat Reader DC I´m getting the message "There was an error opening this document. The security plug-in required by this command is unavailable." and can´t open it... Both programs (ADE and AR DC) are using the same Authorization ID... I´ve tried to reinstall both programs, but no success... Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance...Peter

TOPICS
ADE authorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader could not open documents with DRM. This eBooks can open only in Digital Edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2016 Apr 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nanaky wrote:

Acrobat Reader could not open documents with DRM. ...

This is not correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is interesting. Which Plug-In we need to open this files ebooks with DRM under Acrobat Reader? I have nothing found for it and open it only under Digital Edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eBook.api

The Adobe DRM plug-in provides features for obtaining and reading documents protected with Adobe DRM technology.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do also know how can download it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No download necessary. The plugin is part of Acrobat Reader and Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems not a part of the Acrobat Reader DC Version. I get with all files the error that plug in missing also when install version new oo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌What error message did you get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all the replies - the plugin ebook.api can be found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\plug_ins\

when I try to open the PDF (created from ACSM and stored in My Digital Editions folder) in Acrobat Reader (DC or XI - the same result) the error message occurs...the plugin ebook.api (Adobe DRM) is Loaded and Certified as shown in About Adobe Plug-Ins...

The ADE says this computer is authorized - this computer can read Adobe DRM protected content authorized with following accounts...and mine is there... look like the DRM authorization is not connected to Acrobat Reader (signed with my AdobeID)....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I find yself with the same issue. Did you ever find a solution?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines