• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trial Version of Presenter 11: Unable to Playback MP4 content?

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble getting the imported MP4 video content to playback after I have published it locally to my desktop.  I can hear the video, but the screen is white when using the Presenter Insert --> Import Video File feature.

If I remove those videos and just use Insert --> Video From File in PowerPoint, I can not even hear the video and the screen is black.

Is there some sort of additional plug-in that needs to be enabled?  Or will this problem be resolved once I buy the software?  Not sure what to try next...  I have tried downloading a new version of Flash player,  but that did not seem to help.  My environment is running Windows 7 and MS Office PowerPoint 2013.

Thanks for your help!

Shelly

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Hi Shelly,

The problem was that your project was saved as .ppt file which is currently not supported for Presenter 11.

In fact, this was the reason you were not getting the option to publish your output in HTML5 format.

Just follow below steps in order to resolve the issue:

1. Open your project.

2. Save it as .pptx file

3. Relaunch the new .pptx project and publish it as SWF/HTML5/both.

Issue should be resolved.

Untitled.png

Please mark this answer as correct if it resolves your issue. Let me know if you need any fu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is no difference between the features available for trial and licensed version of the software. You also do not need any additional plugin as well.

Could you please confirm the video file type you are using and also whether the problem occurs for published output in HTML5/SWF/both?

Kindly package your project and share it using drop box. (zhussain@adobe.com)

Note: Option to package your project is available on the Presenter ribbon (right next to publish button)

Thanks,

Zeeshan Hussain

Adobe Presenter Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shelly,

The problem was that your project was saved as .ppt file which is currently not supported for Presenter 11.

In fact, this was the reason you were not getting the option to publish your output in HTML5 format.

Just follow below steps in order to resolve the issue:

1. Open your project.

2. Save it as .pptx file

3. Relaunch the new .pptx project and publish it as SWF/HTML5/both.

Issue should be resolved.

Untitled.png

Please mark this answer as correct if it resolves your issue. Let me know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Zeeshan Hussain

Adobe Presenter Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!  It worked perfectly now

I really appreciate your help!

Have a great day,

Shelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources