• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Firefox, flash player blocked by webbrowser??

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dear,

i don't find any results when i search it up:

when i disable shockwave and enable it again, i still get at websites: Adobe Flash Player is blocked by your browser. Please check your settings or follow these instructions to enable it.

when i check my version, i have the correct version, when i check if it is enabled, it is enabled,

but when i want to test it at adobe test page, it doenst work, i just get a white screen.... ....

already removed firefox and reinstalled it, but still the same

this started suddenly today, and i just refreshed my page...

any help pls...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

As an aside, on Win10, you're going to have a much better experience if you're using 64-bit Firefox.  I believe they serve it up by default at this point, but you might want to check in Task Manager to see if Firefox says (32-bit).  

You can explicitly get the 64-bit version here:

Mozilla Firefox Web Browser — Download Firefox in your language — Mozilla

Here's what I'd do:

1.) Go to Firefox > Help > Restart with Add-Ons disabled

If Flash starts working, there's a third-party plugin in play. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using something like an ad blocking or anti-tracking plugin that might affect how JavaScript is parsed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear,

the problem started when refreshing the page, so i was playing flash games, refreshed the page, and then it happened, even on Edge it doesn't work...

i have Opera now, and it works on this browers, strange.... :s

but i like to turn back to mozilla firefox...

i do have Ad block in mozilla, but when i shut if off and try it again, it's still the same.

Don't know about that anti-tracking plugin tbh...

thnx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an aside, on Win10, you're going to have a much better experience if you're using 64-bit Firefox.  I believe they serve it up by default at this point, but you might want to check in Task Manager to see if Firefox says (32-bit).  

You can explicitly get the 64-bit version here:

Mozilla Firefox Web Browser — Download Firefox in your language — Mozilla

Here's what I'd do:

1.) Go to Firefox > Help > Restart with Add-Ons disabled

If Flash starts working, there's a third-party plugin in play. 

Disable everything and re-enable them one at a time until the problem comes back and you'll know which one it is.

2.) If that doesn't work, make sure that Flash Player is enabled in Firefox

Go to Menu (the hamburger icon on the right-hand side of the toolbar) > Add-Ons > Plugins > Shockwave Flash

Choose Always Activate from the pulldown on the right-hand side.

3.) If that was already set, do you have an off-brand security suite or software firewall installed? 

If so, you may need to actually uninstall it to get Flash working, depending on the product.  I don't want to call people out, but there are some frequent fliers.

4.) If not, let's uninstall and reinstall the NPAPI Flash Player for Firefox

Uninstall Flash Player - Windows:  (This will uninstall all of the shared Flash Players on your system (IE and Chrome bundle Flash, so they're unaffected)

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Download Flash Player using Firefox from here:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Follow the installation instructions

5.) If Flash Player *still* doesn't work, post your installation logs:

Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, this is new for me,

i downloaded the 64 bits version, and removed the 32 bit,

what happens:

flash works again...??? when i look at the plugins, i see not all the plugins that i had before are still in

so it had to be a plugin,

but so far still don't know which one....

still very strange tho that just with refreshing the page the flash plugin stopped working at all...

so that's solved so far;

but when i check edge, it ask for updating my flash?? but flash is integrated with edge right?

soo, thanks so far ^^

p.s. be4 installing 64 bit, i tried a few steps: step 1 and 2 didn't work, step 3 i have no id which software u would mean, and step 4 i already did yesterday... ... When i'm on the page of step 4, i had next: it said it was installed, and then the box below was just white.... no text seen, just a white box...

when i check that link with 64 bit, now i see: this box dynamically ........ and then flash player version and stuff.... ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, you may need to get the 64-bit variants of those plug-ins.  The 64-bit upgrade is worth it for a whole list of reasons from security to performance.  Sometimes Firefox's internal settings get messed up as well.  Either you've gotten rid of a problem with your old profile, or you lost the offending plug-in.  The white box behavior really sounds like it was something interfering with javascript execution, adblock plus, noscript, privacy badger, ghostery, etc...

Is Edge asking for an update, or a specific website?  Edge breaks a whole lot of existing JavaScript, which is usually the cause of the bogus update messages.

Here's my generic IE11/Edge advice:

First, confirm that ActiveX Filtering is configured to allow Flash content:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968

Internet Explorer 11 and Edge introduce a number of changes both to how the browser identifies itself to remote web servers, and to how it processes JavaScript intended to target behaviors specific to Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, this means that content on some sites will be broken until the content provider changes their site to conform to the new development approach required by modern versions of IE.

You can try to work around these issues by using Compatibility View:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

If that is too inconvenient, using Google Chrome may be a preferable alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank u for responsing,

but google chrome slow down pc's, bcs each tab u open, is a new task in task manager that slorps speed...

i changed to firefox especially for that reason, bcs on my old computer chrome asked to much...

ofcourse this is an new computer, and i shouldn't have those problems, but i still use firefox

thnx for the answer

btw, checked the links, and seems that edge doesn't support active x at all, but they do use a plugin with flash, and i've seen it's turned on

for your first question, i'll put this picture:

Knipsel.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, tabs aren't magically free in other browsers.  Some browsers will halt execution of the tabs that aren't visible, which is where the savings really are.

Chrome separates tabs and Flash instances into individual processes to get better process isolation, so maybe it's a little more visible, but the overhead in having separate processes is pretty minimal.  The performance has more to do with the fact that there are intermediate layers between Flash and the metal with Chrome's PPAPI architecture, although the performance issues that existed 1-2 years ago have largely been solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2016 Apr 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oww...

well, i was talking about 1-2 years ago

so i have no id if they fixed it already ^^

good to know, next time i have problems, i might switch over again to chrome then ^^

anyway, thnx for the help and the answers and for your time

nevermind the edge problem, won't ever use it anyway

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines