Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacBook Pro OS X Flash Install Failure

Apr 05, 2016 Apr 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.. Running OS X Yosemite and 10.10.5 Safari Version 9.1 (10601.5.17.4) I had an outdated version of the newest Flash, but maybe about 6 months behind on updates.. I tried to update and it kept saying critical updates were still needed... Since it was not updating correctly, I tried uninstalling and doing a normal install and got this error message:

Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 10.39.42 PM.png

So I then followed the instructions for a clean reinstall, but I got this error message

Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 11.04.04 PM.png

The flash player works fine on chrome, but occasionally, I prefer to use safari.. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Flash Player works fine in Chrome because Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome and it doesn't use the same Plugin that Safari uses.

To troubleshoot further, I'll need to get two log files (/var/log/install.log and /Users/YourUserID/Library/Logs/FlashPlayerInstallManager.log).

Please review the Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? FAQ and configure your system to capture both log files at the same time.  Please read through the FAQ before doing anything.  After you have gathered both log files (install.log and FlashPlayerInstallManager.log) upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com using the instructions at How to share a document or some other file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require user log in to access.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines