Engaged ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 9

Recording: Software Simulation

Delivery Method: MP4

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help/sanity check my plan here.

I'm creating Software Simulations recording a long process using an Analytics S/W Tool.

I need a Software Simulation to add callouts, highlight boxes etc.

The Software has some nice animations on the graph when you drill down on data. Kinda like a progress bar.

You can see a snip of the effect here: Craig Clarke - Analytics Sample‌

This animation effect is not picked up when recording the 'Software Simulation' in captivate.

So first question. Am I right in thinking you cannot pick this up when recording a Software Simulation, even by changing settings?

And second question, if above is correct, is my best approach to insert CPVC slides in my Software Simulation wherever this animation is displayed?

Many thanks

Craig

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

You will need to record those animations using the video capture. So in Captivate, click the Slides and choose "Video Demo" to record a full motion video of the animations.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to record those animations using the video capture. So in Captivate, click the Slides and choose "Video Demo" to record a full motion video of the animations.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks for confirmation.

Looks like a mix and match approach will work.

Cheers and thank you for quick response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 10, 2016 Apr 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

One little niggle with this approach.

When I insert the .cpvc slides into my software simulation and publish to mp4, Before each inserted .cpvc a unwanted image is displayed in the centre of the slide, a daisy wheel with the text loading underneath - just for a brief .5 secs. Any idea how to get rid of this - it is not part of the animation, something captivate is throwing in.

I've checked on forums and this issue has been raised a few times but no one found a resolution

Many thanks

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya Craig

Is your final output an MP4? If so, I'm going to say that you likely need to open it using Premiere Pro, Premiere Elements, Camtasia Studio or other type of video editing software and chop those bits out.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Rick,

Yep MP4

Thanks, you are a life saver!

I'll dive into camtasia and chop and splice. Thanks for workaround!

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources