Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PC wont let me open a Sainsburys ebook (.acsm file)  in Adobe reader 4.5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is an Adobe Reader 4.5. Is this Adobe Digital Editions by any chance? To get to the experts for that, please visit https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_digital_editions - good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have version 4.5.1.139278 and there are a number of vendors missing from their vendor list - I'm checking out with Waterstones how I authorise my computer to read books I bought from them and was able to read in previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2016 Apr 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case you can only try to used a older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For your information Nanaky, I was responding to "Test Screen Name" (who did not check what version Digital Editions is up to now) in order to confirm there was indeed a version 4.5...

I had not mentioned that I had downloaded the latest version onto a new computer and I was looking to authorise it for use with books bought from a Vendor not mentioned in the Vendor list. I have had a very helpful reply from the vendor, that wants me to reproduce the Vendor list so that they can investigate why they are not on it. So now I have to retype the vendor list as I can not copy and paste it or even screen print it!! I have not tried using an older version.

My computer is Windows 10 and I don't know if the original version will even load in Windows 10 so I guess if I can track down a copy I can try it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌There seem to be a lot of people mixing up Adobe Reader and Adobe Digital Editions. No 4.5 for the former.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The initial post is about an ebook, I am talking about ebooks and "Adobe Digital Editions" (Adobe's ebook reader) version 4.5.1.139278.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand that, but clearly many people do not. The first post clearly said "Adobe Reader" and was posted in the "Adobe Reader" forum until a kind person moved it. So if someone comes to the Adobe Reader forum and says they have Adobe Reader 4.5, we tend to take that as the starting point. Well, I do. I'm odd that way. Perhaps you can explain why so many people say Adobe Reader when they mean Adobe Digital Editions. Is there something about Digital Editions (which I've never used or seen) which leads people into this error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which error message you get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines