Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing latest Flash Player

Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OSX 10.11.3  ---System was working fine  until I downloaded latest Adobe Flash Player update.  In attempting to install on my computer the installation stopped at 93% and indicated error.  One of my websites does not function without this update and they advised using a different browser other than Safari.  I downloaded Firefox and used this to access my malfunctioning website without success,  I tried the installation many times with Safari and always the same hang up problem.  I suspect there is an incompatibility of the new Flash update with my Mac OSX El Capitan.  Can anyone advise a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I resolved the problem.  I changed to Firefox as a browser and successfully downloaded the updated flash player.  Staying with Firefox I successfully accessed my faulty website.  It would appear that OSX El Capitan is not compatible with the updated flash player.  Very inconvenient   ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Firefox and Safari both use the same NPAPI plugin. If you're using Firefox on El Capitan, I'm not sure what you mean by 'It would appear that OSX El Capitan is not compatible with the updated flash player'.  Perhaps you're referring to Safari.

If Flash is not displaying in Safari, please check to see that it is enabled in Safari:  See https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enabling-flash-player-safari.html

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria:

El Capitan comes with an updated Safari and this combination is not compatible with the updated Flash Player.

Flash Player is not displayed in Safari  extensions ---  in fact the extensions site is empty.  I cannot discover how to manipulate extensions and will have to be content with using Firefox  for the single website that requests it.

Many thanks for your helpful assistance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

El Capitan is one of our 1 platforms that is tested regularly.  I also have El Capitan and Flash Player is working fine there.  We wouldn't knowingly have released a version of Flash Player that doesn't work on El Capitan and Safari.  Flash Player is a plugin, not an extension, and wouldn't show up in the list of extensions.  It will show up in Safari > Preferences > Security > Internet Plug-ins.  If Flash Player is not showing up in Safari > Preferences > Security > Internet Plug-ins there is something wrong with either the Flash Player installation or your system.  I would recommend performing a clean installation of Flash Player.  See How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria;

Internet plug in has the latest version of F.P. checked.  I have opened a clean installation.  I have F.P. files everywhere and it is too daunting for me to try to eliminate all the required items.  Firefox continues to work fine and a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.  In short I will use Firefox   ---  but much appreciate your assistance.

Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria:

This morning both browsers, Safari and Firefox could not connect with my sensitive website.  I can only imagine they had a site problem.  A have just returned to my computer 12 hrs. later and to my amazement Safari is working just "jim dandy" like nothing at all had transpired.  I won't even bother with Firefox as I am quite content with my "bird in the hand."

Many thanks for your friendly assistance.and knowledgeable suggestions.

Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, and I'm glad all is working for you now with Safari.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines