Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem upgrading from 21.0.0.197 to 21.0.0.213

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The adobe flash player version I have installed is 21.0.0.197.

I downloaded the 21.0.0.213 msi version but when I installed there's an error:

"the version of the player you are trying to install is lower than what you currently installed"

If I uninstalled .197 version and run the installer, it works.

Can someone confirm is there anything wrong with the .msi file?

thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which OS are you facing this issue on?

Which player type .msi are you using i.e. activex/npapi/ppapi?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested on Windows 7 machine. using ActiveX .msi

I need to use SCCM to deploy to all computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed activex.exe on your machine. If yes, what is its version?

Have you ever uninstalled the Activex player from control panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, I didn't uninstall activeX in Control Panel. the uninstallation will be taken care by SCCM itself. I used the same method to deploy and it was successful.

the version I used now is 21.0.0.197

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just realized there is a difference:

using .msi file to install, the size showed in Control Panel is 18.4MB

using this URL Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions to install the size after install is 38.1 MB

why is that so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried upgrading activex.msi from 197 to 213 manually on Win7 machine using the GUI, the upgrade was successful and no issues were found.

I tried upgrading the same silently using the command “msiexec /i c:\path\to\package.msi /quiet /qn /norestart /log c:\path\to\install.log”

The upgrade was again successful without any issues.

The error "the version of the player you are trying to install is lower than what you currently installed" is observed when we try to perform a downgrade operation. Could you please check once that correct .msi is placed in the folder from where you are trying to perform the upgrade on your machines.

For the second issue mentioned about the size mismatch could you share a screenshot of the two control panel entries because at our end we are unable to reproduce the same. The size for activex.exe and activex.msi is 18.4MB in the control panel.

Regards,

Ridhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Control Panel, I have two copies of ActiveX, one from the URL, the other one from .msi.

Take note the .msi file is requested from Adobe via distribute license.

Adobe.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please try using the latest uninstaller from Uninstall Flash Player for Windows and try to reproduce the issue. We are unable to do so.

If it is reproduced at your end can you please mention all the steps you followed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You appear to have a corrupt installation Flash Player as you shouldn't have 2 entries for the same Player type in the Control Panel and Flash Player is not 38 MB in size. The installed size for both MSI & EXE is the same.

Can you please outline the deployment sequence taken when you deploy Flash Player MSI using the SCCM?  This will assist in troubleshooting the problem.

I'd like to take a look at the FlashInstall.log file from the impacted system.  The file is saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash.  If this is a 64-bit OS, there's another FlashInstall.log file saved at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash.  Both files are required from a 64-bit OS.  Please upload the file(s) to cloud.acrobat.com using the instructions How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded file(s) in your reply.  If you have a verbose log file from the MSI installer please upload that as well.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I create an Application in SCCM based on the .msi file I downloaded from Adobe.

The installation and uninstallation will be automatically populated. What I need to do next is to deploy this application to the computers.

I have uploaded the log file to the cloud.

Flashplayer.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thank you for providing the information.

What is the link to the uploaded files?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I don't see a verbose MSI install log file at that location.  Please provide the 3 log files (FlashInstall.log file from both locations) and the verbose MSI install log file for the same installation attempt.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines