• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player versions before 21.0.0.213 - and SIH vulnerability reports indicating installation

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are trying to patch our vulnerabilities in our server environment in relation to the new vulnerability for Adobe Flash versions below 21.0.0.213. Our SIH program is returning that Adobe Flash Player is installed on some windows servers that we cannot find any installations of the player on.

So far we have checked:

• The registry, Adobe Flash is not installed
  • Add/Remove (appwiz.cpl), Adobe Flash is not installed
  • Program Files, Program Files (x86) and AppData/Roaming Adobe Flash is not installed

Would there be any other locations that a Flash Player component could be installed?

Thank you,

Justin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread moved from Adobe RoboHelp forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

On a Windows system, Flash Player installs to the following locations:

• 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
  • 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2016 Apr 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's MY concern with the latest Flash ramsomware fiasco (running Mac OS X 10.11.3):
Browsers:
Chrome: Adobe - Flash Player  reports "You have version 21,0,0,216 installed"
Safari: "You have version 21,0,0,213 installed"

Yet nowhere on Adobe's Flash site (or elsewhere) does there appear a version 21.0.0.216
So, am I "safe" - or do I simply eradicate ALL ADOBE FLASH traces from my multiple Mac platform devices, altogether?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Nothing is wrong and you are completely safe. The latest Flash Player version supported on Chrome is 21.0.0.216 and on Safari is 21.0.0.213.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the expedient and (somewhat) reassuring response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The latest versions for all supported operating systems and browsers is posted at https://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/‌, however, I noticed the Flash Player for Chrome version hasn't been updated to 21.0.0.216.  I have escalated this to have the Flash Player for Chrome version number updated.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines