• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Whats the difference between Adobe XD and Adobe Muse

Engaged ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the only difference prototyping? Because I see that there is a feature for exporting for HTML. Is this the same?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Hey, guys-

Think of Adobe XD as purely a design tool; we export prototypes that are viewable on HTML, but are not live HTML sites in and of themselves. It's a design tool, not an authoring tool. Muse is great at developing responsive websites with code that can work on a live website. Hopefully that helps to clarify the purpose of the product!

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question. It's not clear where this fits in between Muse, Photoshop, Illustrator for prototyping web sites. Some of XD's layout functionality would be great to have in Muse, but overall it seems pretty limited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess why I asked this question is because Muse and XD seems very similar. Not how they fit in with other Adobe software. Photoshop and Illustrator are two different softwares all together from these two softwares.

Maybe I should ask if XD can create websites? or is it just a prototype software so once the prototype is decided on, then the images used for the prototype can be exported to size to hand into the designer that would plug it into say Dreamweaver/Sublime/Xcode?

Muse is more of a Drag and drop, easy to use website builder. Kinda like Dreamweaver and InDesign mixed into one. So does XD make websites too with these drag and drop features? But the prototype part confuses me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, guys-

Think of Adobe XD as purely a design tool; we export prototypes that are viewable on HTML, but are not live HTML sites in and of themselves. It's a design tool, not an authoring tool. Muse is great at developing responsive websites with code that can work on a live website. Hopefully that helps to clarify the purpose of the product!

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm late to this but what I'm taking away is a mockup of a site can be done purely in Adobe XD then when the site is approved the designer then rebuilds the design in something like Adobe Muse. Yes, No?
If so I'm having a hard time seeing the benefit from a purely business cost standpoint.

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey edgydoug1​-

Yes, although XD is for a larger set of users than just web designers. Someone can, for instance, design an application to be developed on iOS or Android, so they would hand off a design and assets for their dev to work in XCode or in Android Studio. Similarly, a designer can hand off assets and a design to a web developer to develop in native HTML or in a tool like Muse.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Late to this thread, so what exactly does the "Handoff" mean?  Does XD just export image files (png, jpg, etc.) or does it exporting working HTML code that I just copy over to my Muse project and link it in.

I'll be perfectly honest, Adobe has several overlapping applications that should be ONE single application.  I see lots or redundant development of these overlapping features ... it's as if Adobe's developers are working in a vacuum from other existing Adobe products. 

I don't know of any company that have developer/designer resources with such "small" specific tasks that could justify a single Application devoted to that one task - a prototype?

Cheers, Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, robains​-

Great questions. Hand-off can mean a lot of different things. From our conversations with designers ranging from indie to agencies to enterprise, many of them work with developers (not just web developers, but also desktop and native mobile developers) who need visual assets like SVG, PDF, or static images, as well as measurements and a broad sense of what motion is required.

XD does provide this, and we're planning to work on a more robust developer hand-off that includes styles, colors, and more. XD is much more than simply prototyping.

To give you an idea of where we're going, check out the presentation we did at MAX last year, which talks about our vision for where we want to go with XD. Adobe MAX 2016. Day 1 Keynote (Chapter 3) | Adobe Creative Cloud - YouTube  Start around minute 22 for the future of XD.

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hands down, I love Adobe, but there is this "app-happy" feeling I get when using these programs. I have continuously reorganized my workflow to be more efficient. Sometimes I feel the same way: I am using multiple programs that should be joined. I believe this to be a possible marketing tactic? Either way, I feel the efficiency slipping away. If it must be this way, with so many apps, then so be it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree.

I don't really understand the different between xd and muse? other than xd can't be converted to code, it's simply to show what an app or website could look like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion,

Adobe Muse more helpful for Website & mobile site Design (Responsive website)

Adobe XD more helpful For App Design

Finally

I hope to combine between Muse&XD in one app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your creating your own site - use Muse although you will need to use/buy or write code for widgets.

Sketch, XD is used more commercially for design and also you can add interactivity. This can be exported to HTML with assets so a Web Dev can work straight from the html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since it is viewable as HTML, is it possible to inspect it, and take the code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines