• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Build Tags on Same Topic

New Here ,
May 19, 2008 May 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inherited a help system that uses multiple build tags (Approver, Requestor and Submitter). Some of the topics have two of the tags, e.g. the topic will have Approver and Submitter. When I generate webhelp, I use the conditional build expression to include Approver, but to exclude Submitter.

When the help is generated, none of the topics with both tags are included. Logically, it makes sense. I'm telling Robohelp to include and exclude the same topic and it looks like the exclude statement wins. The person who originally created this help file must have been successful with this type of logic, but I can't make it work correctly. I'm using Robohelp v7 for HTML. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the build tag is at the topic level, you will see what is happening here. Can you remove the topic level tags, and replace them with content-level tags within these topics to get the same result?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Content level tags would work much better in this case. I don't know why the topics were labeled this way, it really doesn't make sense, but I hoped that maybe I was missing some simple way to make it work. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 20, 2008 May 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
GB_Austin, if you want to include all Approver-tagged and untagged topics, you don't need to exclude Submitter -- just build your tag as "Approver." This will include topics marked with both tags, which sounds like what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp